Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW MUCH?!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Brit. Those are the bags. I saw the small clutch style for $76 and the the Lola for over $200.

Prices are pretty steep. I seriously don't know how a family does it. A Mickey bar is over $3. ($3.76 maybe)? Drinks are crazy priced too.

We spent $22 on just two drinks... I know when you are on vacation you don't want to watch every penny, but it's hard not to be aware of cost when things are so high.

There doesn't seem to be any "deals" anymore or any little "secrets." I mean, if you liked turkey legs they used to be a good buy and you really could feed more than one person with one, depending upon appetite of course.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit I found it very expensive when Caitlin and I went, we spent almost as much as the 4 of us did and we only paid tips for 2. That change was over a year and 3/4 months. Can you buy turkey legs with the DDP?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the turkey legs are $10 then they won't be included on the DDP as a snack.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304547
    If the turkey legs are $10 then they won't be included on the DDP as a snack.
    Of course not doh

I'm wondering whether I spent more as I didn't have someone there looking over my shoulder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 304550
    Of course not doh

I'm wondering whether I spent more as I didn't have someone there looking over my shoulder
    I guess that might have been the reason, but I'm updating all the prices on the menus and the prices are increasing by a silly amount

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think Disney has increased the prices so much so that those who use DDP will think they get a great deal. Turkey legs haven't ever been a snack credit I don't think? They can be used for a cs meal

Post Thanks / Like
    Those of us who don't use the DDP feel as though we are being gouged at every turn. I heard a tween asking for a hot dog yesterday and her Mom said, "We'll see honey. I don't know if I have the money for it or not." I felt like buying the kid a hot dog!

A milkshake at Whispering Canyon was $6.69. It's bottomless, but seriously. With lunch/dinner how much milkshake can a person drink? That's a stupid price for one shake...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I definitely agree it's gouging! That's why we are eating off site more and more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 304657
    Yep, I definitely agree it's gouging! That's why we are eating off site more and more.
    Same here. And now we take snacks and drinks in with us too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is alot of money!!
    We've always taken snacks and drinks with us anyway and had CS meals in the parks, i can certainly see why families take a picnic in though.
    On our last visit we noticed a sign at Aquatica saying you werent allowed to take in family sized snacks - it said something else too but i cant remember what, i certainly remember reading about the snacks though and thinking how unfair that was

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast