Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had an interesting experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    The annual service on my Jaguar had become due, and a couple of weeks ago I received an email from Jaguar asking if I would like to take part in their "Mystery Shopper Programme", so I agreed.
    They gave me a special telephone number that I had to use if I had to contact the dealership so that the conversations could be recorded, and obviously I could not breathe a word to anyone prior to my visit, and if the Jag dealers were to contact me I was told to hang up and call them back using this number!

Today was the date for my car`s service.
    I had arranged a clandestine meeting point with the mystery shopper who came with me to drop my car off and he was rigged up with a hidden camera to record everything that took place.
    While my car was being serviced, my "newly acquired friend" drove me to the town centre where I had coffee and a snack as he had another job to do locally, and he arranged to collect me at a designated spot a couple of hours later.

Back at the garage to collect my car, the guy again came into the dealership with me, again secretly filming all that took place.
    After we left, we met up again at our rendezvous location where I had to complete a short questionnaire, after which I was given a cheque for 150 for my troubles.

I found the whole thing very surreal, especially as I have been a Jaguar owner for 20 years or so and hence know all the folk at the dealership very well, and always have a laugh and a joke with them whenever I pay them a visit.
    I only hope that none of them said anything "out of turn" to me which Jaguar may pick up on.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a very cool experience, Terry! So then, what will you be doing with your windfall??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 305115
    So then, what will you be doing with your windfall??
    It didn`t last long Becca.
    The garage told me that I would shortly need a couple of tyres that cost around 250 EACH!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, then you should definitely use those pounds for a round of drinks...or two...to dull the pain :)

By the way, will the Jag dealership ever know that you were "undercover" or must you keep it a secret?

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't be more impressed with Jaguar.

The trip to the factory showed how much pride they take in building the cars and the dealerships seem great so far.

In fact, customer service was the big reason to switch from BMW for me. One day about a year or so ago my bmw got something stuck in its tyre and same happened to my friends jag. We met in town and went to bmw first to sort mine out. After waiting an age, BMW guy came out and said, well it'll be 1400.. I said um WHAT?! yeah well the tyre cant be repaired, it's not safe and we dont have any of those tyres so we'll have to quote 4 new ones. After establishing I wasn't on candid camera or some kind of game show, I tried negotiating but they werent having any of it. They wouldnt order me in one, they wouldnt fit one if I bought one off the internet. Nothing. In the end, much to their scowling displeasure, I drove the car and went to an independant who fixed it right up in 15mins.

We then went to Jaguar wondering what they'd say to us. Guy there took his car, offered us tea/coffee, had a good chat, 15mins later they gave him back his keys. He said how much do I owe? They said for a bit of a puncture? Nothing sir, and we've given it a bit of a wash for you as well.

We went for a bite to eat and were discussing the different experiences when Jaguar called him to ask how the service had been and the experience of the dealership. Just to make sure it all went ok.

Jaguar really seem to "get" customer service these days... BMW not so much in my experience :(
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Terry, undercover and rewarded for your being a "spy". LOL Sorry to hear you had to spend it on new tires though.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 305118

Jaguar really seem to "get" customer service these days... BMW not so much in my experience :(
    I totally agree Keith.
    Having owned a couple of BMW`s, I always felt that their dealers were doing me a favour in selling me [or rather my company] one of their cars.

I switched to Jaguar and I`m still with them, 7 cars later down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a really great thing to happen Terry. Such a pity that it was gone in an instant though!

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 305117
    By the way, will the Jag dealership ever know that you were "undercover" or must you keep it a secret?
    I dunno for sure Becca, nothing was said about this.

No doubt I will mention it to a couple of the folks who work there as I occasionally bump into them socially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent result :) so how did it feel playing James Bond I think you should take Sue out for a nice meal as the money was unexpected and so you should do something that nice and for you :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast