Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 2013 Combined Birthday Trip Part IVa

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight we are off to Artist Point for dinner. This is a restaurant that we both enjoy but oddly enough do not get here often. It is located in the Wilderness Lodge. We stopped first at the Territory Lounge where we each had a couple of drinks before dinner. Donna had a couple of Amaretto Sours and I had a couple of Maker’s Mark Manhattans. Christina was our bartender. The drinks, with tax and tip, using our Tables in Wonderland card came to $37.00. After our pre-dinner drinks it was on to Artist Point. Our server tonight was Steve who was from London. We were both wearing our birthday buttons and were given Champagne on the house. Donna ordered the Smokey Portobello Soup with roasted ****akes, Chive Oil and Sourdough Croutons ($10.00) for her appetizer. For her main course she had the Black Truffle Ravioli (Roasted Late Harvest Vegetables, Slow Poached Farmer’s Egg, Micro Celery, and Brown Butter Sage ($28.00). She promptly placed the poached egg on my plate but declared the food to be delicious. Her meal was accompanied by at Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Gris ($10.00). I opted to go for the Sweetheart Menu ($70.00). I started with an Amuse Bouche of Kumamoto Oyster with Caramelized Bok Choy, Double-smoked bacon, and Washington State Apple Sambal. Next was my appetizer course of Sea Salt Roasted Heirloom Beets with Charred Leek “Soil” Date Puree, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans and Maple-Cider Vinaigrette. Then came my Entrée. I opted for the Cedar Plank-roasted King Salmon with Butternut Squash, Baby Fennel, Rapini, and Pinot Noir. Dessert was Chocolate Hugs & Kisses (Sultry Chocolate Panna Cotta with Wildberry Compote, Dark Vairhona Chocolate with Hazelnut Crumble and Long Stemmed Wild Strawberry “Blossom”. I shared this with Donna. I also opted for the Wine Pairing ($30.00). This consisted of 3 oz pours of Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc, Columbia Valley N.V., Cadaretta Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon, Columbia Valley and Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills and a 1 oz pour of Milbrandt Vineyards Riesling Ice Wine, Columbia Valley. With our Tables in Wonderland Card it came to $155, including Tax and Tip.

No trip to WDW can be truly complete without a trip over to Port Orleans Riverside, River Roost Lounge to see Bob Jackson. We had missed him on our last two trips as either he was on vacation or Donna was sick. Bob was dressed all in red tonight and was as good as ever. With both of us wearing our Birthday Buttons, of course Bob had to pull us both up on the stage. We were both tired so we didn’t stay for the entire show, yet we still had lots of fun.

Tomorrow is Raglan Road Sunday Brunch and a meet up with some friends. Dinner will be at the new Monsieur Paul in EPCOT.

Wilderness Lodge[ATTACH]14675.vB[/ATTACH]

Amuse Bouche
    [ATTACH]14669.vB[/ATTACH]

Appetizer
    [ATTACH]14670.vB[/ATTACH]

Salmon
    [ATTACH]14674.vB[/ATTACH]

Mushroom Soup
    [ATTACH]14672.vB[/ATTACH]

Ravioli
    [ATTACH]14673.vB[/ATTACH]

Dessert
    [ATTACH]14671.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    And a few more pictures

[ATTACH]14676.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]14677.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]14678.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]14679.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! Those food pictures and descriptions!!

Fantastic job!

Im loving all the pics, especially the ones with you guys in them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great descriptions John, I love Artist Point. We enjoy having something to eat and then walking around the hotel grounds afterwards

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 305188
    I love Artist Point. We enjoy having something to eat and then walking around the hotel grounds afterwards
    Same here.
    AP is one of the few restaurants we visit where I know exactly what I am going to order for dinner without even seeing the menu!
    As WL is a bit "off the beaten track", I find it is among the easiest of places to secure an ADR also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 305292
    Same here.
    AP is one of the few restaurants we visit where I know exactly what I am going to order for dinner without even seeing the menu!
    As WL is a bit "off the beaten track", I find it is among the easiest of places to secure an ADR also.
    Hhhhmmm, let me guess buffalo

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always a good time to be had with Bob!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never seen him

Post Thanks / Like
    You should make a trip over to POR and see the show. It's a lot of fun

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kumamoto oysters?! WE LOVE Kumamoto oysters! I wonder if they can be ordered on the half shell ...

Thanks for another great report with lovely photos!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast