Thread: Cruising

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems Carnival cruise lines are having 2 more issues. I would have thought with the horrible issue they had a few weeks ago that they would be on top of their game.

We had been looking to go on a cruise in May. Disney, to be honest, is too expensive for me. We had looked at Carnival and Royal Caribbean as they sail out of ports close by. I know odds of something bad happening on a cruise is pretty slim but all the issues that Carnival is having is giving me pause. The only way I may cruise in the near future is to go with Disney!

As it is, we decided to go to WDW in May. Mainly to enjoy the flower and garden festival.

What do you think about the cruise issues? Do you think this is a death blow to Carnival?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnival has never really enjoyed a "spotless" reputation among the cruise lines, and now with their 4th "mishap" in mere weeks, this is definitely going to be a PR feeding frenzy.

Having said that, Carnival was the first cruise I went on and I LOVED it! Of course, after going on a few more (with different lines) I realized I loved it because I had nothing to compare it to.

Now, when we cruise, we typically go Norwegian, unless we find a really good deal with someone else (and then only after a LOT if research).

Baleigh is going on a cruise with a friend and her family this summer. She's on Norwegian, and even though she's only going to FL and the Bahamas, I will absolutely admit to being quite apprehensive :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been on a cruise, I just can't convince him to go.

I must be honest, I would be wary about booking a Carnival cruise.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only been on one cruise and that was a 3 night RCC. It was nice. My friend that I went with has cruised a lot and she liked Carnival so much better. This was several years ago.

It's normal to be apprehensive especially when it's your child! Just make sure she has a passport.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Her dad is here visiting over the weekend, so we're going tomorrow! Otherwise, we have to jump through a million hoops to prove consent...

Post Thanks / Like
    That works! Just be prepared to hear about how Baleigh hates her passport picture. Then her learners permit picture. Lol you get the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the Carnival cruises had to fly everyone back to Orlando from St. Maarten. Nope, I'd not be going on a Carnival now or any time in the future. Also, since the "merger" or buy out or whatever the proper term is, Holland America is not one I'm a fan of any longer. They were never my favorite, but Olivia tends to book with Holland America so that's why we've been on those ships. Rudimentary and old.

We are Norwegian cruisers, I guess! We tend to go with that line more than any other. The food is sometimes not so great (and let's face it, cruising is ALL about the food) but the ships are incredibly clean and with the exception of the Spirit, very well appointed.

I think cruising can be fun, but really only if you like going from port to port with short visit times. They do give you the chance to see several different places, but the stop overs are not long enough (how could they be?) to really get a feel for a place.

I know as a result of cruising we want to return to places such as Tortola, St. Lucia, St. Martin... and the like.

DCL? Well, you all know my disappointment there by now. Can't see us repeating that again, unless prices drop and quite honestly service increases.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle