Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mac and cheese

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I LOVE it! LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the processed cheese definitely.

I saw cheese sauce being made for baked potato toppings once. The cook took the lid off the tin, let the giant lump of orange stuff slide into a pan and then it was heated for 40 minutes to become a sauce. I think I just had salad that night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh~ ~ ~

Ponderosa is like that, only worse. Nearly everything there is reconsituted powder. ICK!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 34415
    I make a mac and cheese that would put Disney's to shame. LOL
    Recipe please! Pretty please?!?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cathydisneynut, post: 35535
    Recipe please! Pretty please?!?!?!?
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cuscwest%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <wunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Arial Black"; panose-1:2 11 10 4 2 1 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Macaroni & Cheese <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    ¼ - ½ pound of butter (125-250g)
    3 cups of milk (I use low fat, not skim/fat free)
    1 medium onion
    Flour (I don’t measure, I just add it until it looks about right for a roux)
    4 flavors of cheese (approximately 3-4 cups) cubed or shredded
    Note: Here I can buy a 4 cheese blend in my grocery store with cheddar as one of the blends. But basically any 4 complementary cheeses can be used
    1 pound (500g) box of Elbow Macaroni
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Paprika To Taste (I use hot Hungarian)
    If desired a goodly size chunk of smoked/cured ham
    Melt the butter over medium heat
    Cut and dice the onion and sauté in butter and salt and pepper until just soft
    Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it thickens.
    Add the milk and bring to almost a boil.
    Remove from heat and stir in cheese until it melts, if you are using ham you can dice it up and stir it in at this point also.
    Heat oven to 375F / 190 C
    While doing the above, in separate pan boil salted water (I also add just a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil). When the water is boiling, add the macaroni and cook according to directions.
    Drain the macaroni and return to the pan. Stir in the cheese mixture.
    When it is well mixed turn it out into a greased baking pan
    Top Mixture with a sprinkle of paprika
    Place in Oven for approximately 30 -40 minutes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all cheeses except Velveeta and that nasty plastic wrapped stuff. Neither is really cheese IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't Disney usually serve Stauffers mac and cheese?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 123239
    Doesn't Disney usually serve Stauffers mac and cheese?
    For sure at LTT but JIKO does their own and I'm sure there are some other restaurants that do their own also. Most of the Mac&Cheese on kids menus is probably also Stouffer's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast