Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The ABC's of Magical Memories

Post Thanks / Like
    Since our other ABC Games seem to be so much fun, why don't we start another?

It's quite easy; for each letter of the alphabet, someone should post a memory (Disney, or otherwise) that begins with that letter. Poetic license granted, of course, if we need to get creative with those pesky Q's and Z's :)

I've started this game in it's own thread in case someone wants to know more about your memory we have plenty of room to share, and photos are ALWAYS welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll share one to get us started...

A - Andrew being chosen to be in the Indiana Jones show. He'd been waiting on that moment for 13 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to be quick to not loose a letter! For me

B - Boardwalk - We took Alex there when she was about 5. It was just a few months after the hard opening of the resort and it took my breath away. We met my brother and his wife in the lobby. They flew in from Wisconsin (where they lived at the time) and the airlines lost their luggage. All was right a few hours later when they found them and returned them - had a great time...that is where I got the screen name "I got to watch her skip around the parks"

The place was beautiful...hey another B

Post Thanks / Like
    C Caitlin and I getting to go into the VIP area for the official opening of the new fantasyland

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh 'skip, I love to hear how people come into their screen names...what a sweet story! And yes, Jules, I remember that! I think we were ALL green with envy!

Ok, who's next...we're on...D!

Post Thanks / Like
    D- our first Disney trip, we stayed at Dixie Landings. Alysia was 5. We were in the Alligator Bayou section and she was running ahead of us when I shouted, "you'd better watch out. There's an alligator by you". Lol she turned around and propped her hand on her hip and said, " mama, that's not funny. That's where we are staying"

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    EPCOT CENTER!!! My first visit there and I was in love. Loved the park then, and love it now. My favorite... Too many memories to try and recount just one. Meeting friends there, having family with us for forever memories... and will be making new memories when we take a family member for a FIRST VISIT coming up soon.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    F-Friends

On every trip I have taken the kids on we have been lucky enough to meet up with either UK or US friends which has made special memories every time.

This year will be a record though I think and I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    G - Grand Marshalls. When we took our first two granddaughters to WDW we were in MK on the oldest's 9th birthday. We had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and walked back to the front of the park. They were just bringing out the horse drawn trolley and the girls wanted to know if they could pet the horse. They were allowed to do so and then were asked if they would like to ride. We boarded and as other families tried to board they were asked to wait for the next one. As we drove down Main Street USA the girls got to "drive" the trolley and got their pictures taken doing so. When we arrived at the castle a CM named Dean asked us if we were going to be in the park all day. When we said yes, he asked the girls, and us of course, if we would like to be Grand Marshalls that day.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    G: Good food! So many wonderful meals with Disney. I remember the first visit to Le Chefs, it was an open air outdoor seating then. The saumon tartar was divine, as was the lobster bisque. The cheese plate in France from the bakery had a unique selection of 6 different cheeses that were not readily available here. Germany was the best deal on property! $16.95 for a dinner buffet that seemed to stretch on for miles! All that food and entertainment too.

Wonderful samplings from the FWF, new foods never tasted before. Fabulous dinners at Marrakesh. I remember the very first dinner there. We were in LOVE with the bread and kept commenting on how good it was. The more we ate, the more they brought us!

Family dinners, lunches for just the two of us, huge holiday meals with friends and family... the Good Food at Disney has a central role in most of our memories.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast