Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The ABC's of Magical Memories

Post Thanks / Like
    G= Grand Floridian for me.
    My DW and I have stayed there almost every year since it first opened, and even though we now own a villa in Florida, we can`t resist spending a few days there each time we visit.
    By now we have made some really good friends with many of the CM`s there and it really feels like home from home to us.

Post Thanks / Like
    H - Hammocks and Hoop Dee Doo Revue! A few years ago (probably more than I care to admit) we went to Ft. Wilderness for the HDDR. We had the BEST table, with the BEST view and just really felt like we'd been touch by Tinkerbell's magic...it was such a great evening. Afterward, we weren't quite ready to end the night, so we wandered down to the (now near empty) beach and Jon and I ended up swinging in a hammock for nearly and hour while the kids cavorted in the sand...it was one of the single most peaceful and happy times in my life. After a bit, we reluctantly boarded a boat back to MK. We were 1 of only 2 families on the boat, so we opted to sit outside under the stars. About halfway through the journey, our skipper came on and said, "Well folks, looks like the MK Fireworks are just about ready to start. Hope you don't mind the inconvenience, but I'm just going to drop anchor and sit for a spell until they're over." OMG. It was so awesome and so unexpected. It was the perfect ending to the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I - "I will" Accepting a marriage proposal in Frontierland. Magical.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely, lovely memory!!! I think I want to hear more!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, one night just before we went to Florida, we had a rather boozy evening and on the way home Pete proposed. We'd only been together for just over 2 months so I told him to ask again me when he was sober.

So, a couple of weeks later, sitting on a bench in Frontierland he asked me again. Of course, I intended to say 'yes' anyway. :wink:

At that time, there was a shop in Frontierland which sold Blackhills gold jewellery and we went in to buy a ring there and then. Unfortunately, they were all too big for me. So we went to a shop in Kissimmee and my engagement ring is three-coloured Blackhills gold.

Pete offered to replace it, when we were better off, with a diamond one but I wouldn't trade this for anything!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my vodka, that is a LOVELY story, MP! I can understand why you wouldn't trade your ring for anything!

Ok then, who's got one for the letter "J"?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok,,,,having a lot of trouble with the J...Did we stay in the Jamaica section of CBR...no no

'Skip has nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I do...here is my nephew (and total Disney freak) Johnny! We were having a blast on the Safari...he is a great kid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHA!!! SO GREAT! Love the lion one!

K! Oh, I have one...Kali River Rapids! This was Baleigh's first "big girl" ride - and even at that she was still so small she had to have a special bracelet, a stamp and sit in a special seat on the raft!! But OMG, she LOVED it. She also thought it was called "Kali River Rabbits" until she was six We still call it that today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 306167
    HAHAHA!!! SO GREAT! Love the lion one!

K! Oh, I have one...Kali River Rapids! This was Baleigh's first "big girl" ride - and even at that she was still so small she had to have a special bracelet, a stamp and sit in a special seat on the raft!! But OMG, she LOVED it. She also thought it was called "Kali River Rabbits" until she was six We still call it that today.

Hysterical!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast