Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Old Tink Decide...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 306200
    See? I don't mind a large phone. Remember, my first smart phone was Herself with the Motorola Android and that sucker was a brick. That's the one I traded the original iPhone in for (it had a keyboard).
    Right... now if you don't mind, or prefer a large phone, I would be recommending the samsung s2/s3/s4 but I know that's not a choice :/

Theyre KILLER phones, really great but for me, too large for to use one handed and android

I really, really prefer keyboards, but apparently I'm the only person left on earth who does as smart phones do not come with them any more. The LG I currently have has a really good talk text feature so I can avoid using the keyboard often. It's also why I don't mind a larger phone as it has a larger touchscreen.
    That makes perfect sense, I would just say that you're NOT the only person left who wants a keyboard. We have people every day phone in at work asking about smart phones with a keyboard. There ARE options... the most funky being the new blackberry Q10
    [ATTACH]14763.vB[/ATTACH]

There's also the motorola:-
    http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...,en_US,pd.html

And an attempt to get funding to make an iphone fold out keyboard
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...pe-on-as-it-is

I just want it to perform well, and all the time. And without having to constantly be plugged in which is what I remember from the first iPhone. I could not get through the day. Seems as though I remember it being good for only a few hours between full charges... even with the extended battery.
    It truly depends how much you use it and how good a signal you get. If you use it a lot for actual calls mixed with poor cell reception, it will expend energy finding a signal and last much less time than if youre in an area with excellent coverage.

I'm a text-a-whatsapp-holic and my iphone easily lasts a day but if I start making some lengthy calls, I start wanting to plug it in at work to make sure it'll last.

The other thing is, I always thought you'd love iphone but when you got android you took to it much more easily.

I do love my iphones and keep coming back to them but would YOU like it :/ hmmmmm!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    HEYHEYHEYHEY! That Motorola is exactly what I want!! I'm going to search for it and see if it's available with Verizon.

Please don't be offended, but I reallllllly don't like blackberry. My sister has one and ugh. Buggy isn't the half of it.

I want to like the iPhone!! I feel weird NOT liking it. I mean, I AM and Apple person, after all.

Thank you a million everyone for your helpful comments and information. I'm going to check out that Motorola for SURE!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked at that keyboard too. Is that available for iPhones? Wasn't too sure what the article was telling me (but that's what I get for skimming and not reading).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The Motorola doesn't seem to be available with Verizon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 306205
    Please don't be offended, but I reallllllly don't like blackberry. My sister has one and ugh. Buggy isn't the half of it.
    Oh I completely understand! We're blackberry partners and we call them crapberry *BUT* they've totally changed with this latest version. They've redone both the hardware and the software so its NOTHING like it used to be.

Ive had to overcome years of saying theyre awful to say actually the latest ones are very good indeed. Easily as good as the iphone AND the q10 has a keyboard.

Seriously, you cant judge them by the old phones

I want to like the iPhone!! I feel weird NOT liking it. I mean, I AM and Apple person, after all.
    yeah definitely. I really want to recommend the i5 but it's those niggles you've had in the past, I Dont think theyve gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that is interesting about the Blackberry. I had heard on NPR one day on my way to work that they were working on improving the phone. They feared losing so much of the market that they'd go belly up. Seems like it must have happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you remember Chris' phone, he has an old Samsung S2 - is that right Keith He showed you what the keyboard was like on that because the keyboard is larger when you turn it on the side. He really likes it, but was put off the S3 because it was too large, he is an Android person, but he is seriously thinking about the next new iphone because it is supposed to be bigger than the iphone 5.

I know you don't like Samsung, but they have come a long way from the useless pieces of plastic they used to be

I never wanted an iphone, but now I have one, I don't think I would have anything else - Keith converted me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 306215
    Do you remember Chris' phone, he has an old Samsung S2 - is that right Keith He showed you what the keyboard was like on that because the keyboard is larger when you turn it on the side. He really likes it, but was put off the S3 because it was too large, he is an Android person, but he is seriously thinking about the next new iphone because it is supposed to be bigger than the iphone 5.
    I think the samsung S2 was kind of a sweetspot. REALLY worked well and not too huge

The other thing worth knowing is that the iphone has a patent on how it detects keys. So it may look like a key is only so big BUT it gets to knows words you type a lot and so if you're a little off pressing the key perfectly, it'll guess. In other words it gets better as you go on.

I know you don't like Samsung, but they have come a long way from the useless pieces of plastic they used to be
    oh heck yes definitely

I never wanted an iphone, but now I have one, I don't think I would have anything else - Keith converted me
    yeah I knew you'd like it

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the Samsung, and Herself still has it. I gave my to the boy's Da, and got the LG...

I like the sounds of the iPhone "learning" my touch. Is there a new one coming out soon? Seems like every time I decide on something, it's the "last version" and a new one comes out just before I get the "old" one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 306225
    I had the Samsung, and Herself still has it. I gave my to the boy's Da, and got the LG...

I like the sounds of the iPhone "learning" my touch. Is there a new one coming out soon? Seems like every time I decide on something, it's the "last version" and a new one comes out just before I get the "old" one.
    yeah its quite clever... if it you type Disney a lot but you always end up actually pressing Dosney (although it'd autocorrect that anyway) but if Dosney was an actual work but you ended up deleting it all the time to do Disney, it'd learn that you normally meant that and start typing that. It can also do things like if it thinks you mean to press D and I, it will make the I square larger (you dont see it) so you've more chance of hitting the right key

yes the rumours are there'll be a new one announced in perhaps june for an august release. Some people are even suggesting a surprise May launch

one way or another this year there'll be a new one. PROBABLY a 5s (small upgrade) rather than a 6 but no one knows for sure

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast