Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you spend your Sundays?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm enjoying some rare moments of peace and quiet. :D No one else is awake yet, so I'm having coffee and obviously, on the 'net. The weather is gray today with some rain forecast. It was hot and muggy yesterday, so the rain is no surprise.

I have a massage booked for later in the morning (a gift) and Herself is meeting with someone who wants to talk about our cleaning their holiday villa on a regular basis. Could be a nice venture to get into.

We do have to go to Lowe's and check on some metal things (yeah, don't ask... ) and get more splining for the screen. The lanai needs cleaning today, and then there is the work week to get ready for.

I'll be making white clam sauce over pasta for dinner today. Probably add a salad with raw beet and some citrus... we like different combinations of vegetables in our salads.

So then? Care to share with us how your Sunday is going?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet again I spent a couple of hours this morning clearing snow off our drive so that we can get one of the cars out without slipping and sliding all over the place!
    I really want to do some more work on the car that I`m building but it`s too darn cold to venture into the barn.
    At least I can get my feet up in front of the tv in a couple of hours to watch the Malaysian Grand Prix, having had to turn the radio off every hour so as not to get the result on the news as the race has already taken place!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting here drinking German coffee and eating German cookies. Then I'll make a pasta sauce. We're having dinner with our DS, DDIL, grandkids, DDIL's BFF, her DH and their two boys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Writing assignments I've sneaked on in my lunch break lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoveling snow. I remember it well. As the oldest (by quite a bit) child, that chore was mine. Do you have a snowblower or anything like that, or are you using "just a shovel?" My Da got a snowblower, but not until I was well into my 'teens. :D

John! Cookies for breakfast! What would your Mother say? ;) Sounds yummy. German coffee? How does that differ from other coffees?

Well, so much for my solitude. Others are "up" and I've made them scrambled egg and parmesan cheese roll ups...

Guess it's time for me to get out on the lanai before it starts to rain hard. It's headed our way. The storms are in Tallahassee right now.

Does anyone do a "big Sunday breakfast" anymore? We went to church every Sunday, so coming home from church was when Mama would make us something "special." Sometimes it was her delicious fried bread dough (THAT was a serious treat) and other times it was hash and eggs, or pancakes. Something like that. Sometimes Da would want doughnuts and that's what our breakfast was! :D (I don't much care for doughnuts today).

Sometimes I'll treat my family to an elaborate breakfast, but usually that's saved for holidays, or the day after a holiday... when there is time off from work.

I love Indian Pudding for breakfast but that means up at a super early hour to get it into a slow oven. It needs to cook for about 3 hours to be silky smooth...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 306270
    Do you have a snowblower or anything like that, or are you using "just a shovel?"
    I do have a blower, but I only use it for shifting leaves etc from the garden.
    I therefore make do with a plain old snow shovel which at least keeps me warm and gives me some exercise. [I`d much rather not having to do it though.]

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to do a big Sunday dinner after church when I visited the grandparents in Kentucky. That's the one thing I miss from childhood. We never did a big dinner here in Virginia.

Sunday is generally a day of rest for me. My goal today was to sleep in. Yet here I am up at 8:45. I know that is sleeping in for some but it's not for me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was happy to have slept in today too. 6:07 am. :D :D

Thought of you Friday, Johnie. I found a cookbook "Virginia Hospitality." It's really neat, filled with fussy old recipes that I'll probably never do, but some are going to be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been baking this morning, it's something I do on Sunday mornings whilst dinner is cooking. We had a lovely roast today even if I do say so myself the potatoes were just right nice and crispy on the outside with the inside all fluffy :D

I've just finished loading the diswasher and we have a bacon, mushroom, onion and cheese quiche for tea with an apple and berry crumble for afters. I'll just prepare a small salad later tonight to go with it.

We will probably go for a little walk (because of me ) along the pier at Mountbatten in a little while. It's freezing cold out there, but we don't have snow and it is dry so I don't mind that so much.

We were going to Cardiff tomorrow, but have decided to cancel it because of my lack of mobility :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, what is "Indian Pudding" please? The salad you mentioned sounds LOVELY. We make a beet salad here quite consistently during the summer, but I've never thought of adding citrus...I like that.

I "slept in" until 6:30 this morning. I don't know what happened, I used to be so good at sleeping!

We do a "big breakfast" every Saturday morning. All 4 of us, no exceptions (not even moving out of the house!). "That diner" is down the road from us, and we always turn up promptly at 8:00am. Rena (the owner) kisses us all as we walk in and doesn't even bring us menus anymore. We always have orange juice, Andrew's "side" of bacon is no fewer than 8 slices, and we always leave with a cup of coffee in each hand "for the road." We never receive a bill, just a random amount called out at the cash register as we're leaving. Last year Rena suffered a mild heart attack, and we actually went to the hospital to visit her. She's family.

Sunday is a "home day" for us. It's Jon's "cooking day." His mom gave us a really nice dutch oven a few years ago at Christmas, and every Sunday Jon cooks some new recipe he's found during the week. Last week it was baby back ribs braised and then cooked all day in beer, basting with the bbq sauce at the very end. They were incredible. Today he's making some manner of pork tenderloin chili with onion, tomatillos, jalapeno, and pablano peppers...it sounds like it's going to be tasty.

We're also cleaning out the upstairs room that belonged to Andrew. Nothing too drastic (I sense he may return at some point) just a good tidy and dust and make it more "guest room" friendly (perhaps take down all the awful Boondock Saints posters).

Aside from that we're also entertaining/chaperoning the "boyfriend" today. She's forcing him to watch Perks of Being a Wallflower, I pity the poor boy as he's so besotted with Baleigh he hasn't the strength to say no.

I'm also answering a slew of text messages from our friends who are in Disney (arrived yesterday). It's all a bit bittersweet as we were supposed to have been with them on this trip, but it's still so lovely to hear from them and see photos - perhaps I'll post a few!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast