Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buying new cars

Post Thanks / Like
    ugh what a nightmare, my car is costing me a fortune in petrol and getting to that age so looking at trading it in for one of the new ford fiestas- brilliant mpg on their eco models. Thought i'd negotiated a good deal with the dealer yesterday and he phoned me at home after we both signed to say he couldn't do it at that price and offered me another deal which obviously isn't as good on another car. Really annoyed. Why do i feel that he is just playing me. Really don't want to have to go through all the negotiation again

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. Massive red flag there, Jules. On face value, it does sound as though he might be playing you to see if he can get a better deal. I know it's a pain, but did you try the "I'll see if I can do better at another dealership" line to see if it moves things along? Not to play games, but really, if he's going to manipulate you, you'll be better of somewhere else in the end.

Good luck to you, it can be a real pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 306329
    Ugh. Massive red flag there, Jules. On face value, it does sound as though he might be playing you to see if he can get a better deal. I know it's a pain, but did you try the "I'll see if I can do better at another dealership" line to see if it moves things along? Not to play games, but really, if he's going to manipulate you, you'll be better of somewhere else in the end.

Good luck to you, it can be a real pain.
    i thought that might be the case, i sincerely hope he doesn't think he can play me because i'm a woman. big mistake....huge mistake

i will stick to my guns and see how it goes, it's coming up to the end of the month and quarter so i may be lucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you signed, aren't they obligated at that price???

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 306332
    If you signed, aren't they obligated at that price???
    no, apparently not. I was but they're not

Post Thanks / Like
    That's crazy. I'd go somewhere else just on principle

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 306331
    i thought that might be the case, i sincerely hope he doesn't think he can play me because i'm a woman. big mistake....huge mistake

i will stick to my guns and see how it goes, it's coming up to the end of the month and quarter so i may be lucky!
    HUGE mistake ;)

I think if I were you, I'd play a little hardball and see how it goes. Perhaps a little pressure. Something along the lines of, "Well, Mr. Smith, I thought we had a deal the first time around; and it appears as though we did not. If I can't trust that you're willing and able to honor the first deal we made, why would I trust you any further? I think it might be better if I find another salesman to speak with, perhaps one who has more experience in knowing what "can be done" so that I don't waste any more of my valuable time."

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 306336
    HUGE mistake ;)

I think if I were you, I'd play a little hardball and see how it goes. Perhaps a little pressure. Something along the lines of, "Well, Mr. Smith, I thought we had a deal the first time around; and it appears as though we did not. If I can't trust that you're willing and able to honor the first deal we made, why would I trust you any further? I think it might be better if I find another salesman to speak with, perhaps one who has more experience in knowing what "can be done" so that I don't waste any more of my valuable time."
    I have something along those lines written down but shall steal elements! Lol

Johnie I don't think anywhere else would be any different, contracts are always weighted in favour of the seller and they have no obligation to sell at the price quoted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go get 'em...by the time you're done he'll be begging you to take the car for free! LOL!

Keep us posted!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast