Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you take to the Parks

Post Thanks / Like
    When we go to the parks we don't take very much, just a camera and sometimes the camera bag and my little bag.

I get fed up just carrying that, but I see some people with lots of bags with food, towels and all sorts of things.

What do you take to the parks with you, a lot or just yourself?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my camera in my pocket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we have a 2-part park bags. I carry round a Kipling bag containing essentials (tickets/money/sunglasses/wipes/tissues/fan etc) and the camera. Then we take a bag with sunscreen, brollies, jackets or whatever the weather dictates, and leave that in a locker at the park. I like to be prepared.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, has this answer changed over the years! When the children were smaller the answer would have been "everything except the kitchen sink" and then some! Of course, then, we had a posh stroller to push it all around in! There were drinks and snacks, changes of clothes, first aid kits, bottles, diapers, along with the point and shoot, the "big" camera, and the video camera. As the years passed, the kids grew, and the stroller became a thing of the past, we started whittling down what we brought in with us.

Now, we're often found entering the park with nothing but our phones and our tickets. I'll bring the camera a few odd times during the trip, or grab the point and shoot - but not every time. There is a LOVELY sense of freedom to be able to go through the turnstile and give "security" a miss

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry a small string backpack. I have to have my sunglasses case as it either holds my regular glasses or sunglasses. I have tried to eliminate this but I can't wear contacts and I like to see lol. I carry my vacation wallet (which doesn't have nearly as much junk as my regular wallet), small lotion and hand sanitizer and a little bag of all kinds of medical things! Let me tell you, my little bag of meds has helped many a person besides myself! My camera is on there too.

If I know we are only going to be in the park for a couple if hours, I don't bring the bag. It is very freeing.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    As little as possible. Donna has her camera, a bag to hold it, as well as our park tickets. I may have a fanny pack with sunscreen and a few sundries in it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 306554
    Let me tell you, my little bag of meds has helped many a person besides myself!
    Me, me, me!! You're sort of like the iPhone of meds, instead of "There's an app for that!" Johnie always says, "I have med for that!" You've been a lifesaver a number of times!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now, and have always been the family Sherpa. So I carry what ever my DW and DD peel off during the day. So I carry a small daypack that hold our cameras (small p&s as well as our video camera), an anarak or shell (some type of wind proof layer, serves as rain gear as well) tickets, hat and wallet.

But like Becca said....it is all different now. We used to carry all the essentials when Alex was really young. We used to rent a stroller when we got there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone in our party carries our own small bag (often a fanny pack) filled with camera, tickets, money, maps, and poncho. It drives my husband crazy when I wear a fanny pack, because as a native Floridian, he's been to Disney a lot more often than I have and he tells me it makes me look like a "tourist". LOL. I told him I AM a tourist! Then on our honeymoon, he got jealous of how convenient mine was and bought his own. I'll never let him live it down.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faythstar, post: 306561
    Everyone in our party carries our own small bag (often a fanny pack) filled with camera, tickets, money, maps, and poncho. It drives my husband crazy when I wear a fanny pack, because as a native Floridian, he's been to Disney a lot more often than I have and he tells me it makes me look like a "tourist". LOL. I told him I AM a tourist! Then on our honeymoon, he got jealous of how convenient mine was and bought his own. I'll never let him live it down.
    Great story, Faythstar!

And Dan, yes, we rented a stroller for a few years as well. We call it the "in-between years" - when Baleigh was old enough to walk most of the day, but needed a bit of a rest towards the end of the evening. After a few years it morphed into a family game of "spot the abandoned stroller" - where we'd compete to see who could find a stroller that had been left for the night and just parked in some random area with the name tag removed. First person to spot one received a treat equal to what we would have spent to rent the stroller, and in the event that we didn't spot one, well, it distracted them enough looking not to care that they were still walking!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast