Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What do you take to the Parks

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the rides have a little bag that will hold your stuff. It's not very large. Disney does not have storage lockers at the rides like Universal does.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The tame rides you can take your bags on with you and stick them by your feet. The wilder rides - we leave our bag with Nanny who is a ride wuss. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    As others have said, we typically just took our bag (usually of the camera or backpack variety) on the ride with us - even on rides such as Rock N Roller Coaster. I've never had an issue with this.

When the children were smaller and we had a stroller we usually just left the diaper bag in the basket of the stroller - I never had any problem with this except during the odd rainshower. If I sensed a shower was coming, I'd throw a poncho over the stroller to help keep it dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    usually just take my camera bag....it is big enough for my video camera (for parades and shows) digital camera, a hairbrush, wallet and meds..thats it...and it is small enough to shove under the seats on all the rides
    SusanM o A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on going light, just carry a small cross-body bag with money, tickets, and Aleve for later in the day when everything hurts. We're going the week before Thanksgiving so I though I would leave jackets in a locker for evening just in case. I just hope I won't be too tired to walk all the way to the front of the park to get them, if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My best advice for general aches and pains is to take Advil, Tylenol, Aleve when you start out in the morning. It staved off pain later in the day.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tylenol (acetominophen) is cleared through the liver, and is a good one to avoid if you can. Advil (ibuprofen) and Aleve (naproxene sodium) are both anti-inflammatory meds so they would help keep the swelling down, and keep muscles from aching too badly.

You can get ibuprophen (not sure about naproxene sodium) at the first aid stations so you don't need to carry it with you. (Unless you have a preferred brand). You can also buy single packets in some areas of the parks.

Remember that you can get other first aid items at the stations for free too. Band-aids, cooling gel (for bites, or that red rash that some folks develop from walking on the hot concrete). Cold water, cool sitting area and low lighting are other nice things about those stations.

You very well may need something light for the November evenings. I like thin pareos so I can double them if I need to. I just wrap them around my waist to carry.

The less you take the better.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately Aleve is a no no for me
    :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Naproxene sodium is not the only anti-inflammatory. :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 310239
    Unfortunately Aleve is a no no for me
    :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I can't take Aleve, it feels like it is eating my stomach.

I'm not supposed to take Advil either but I do.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast