Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat tax

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 50 percent of people in uk think that airlines should charge more for overweight passengers.What do you think?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    If they have to take up more than one seat then YES, make them pay something for the extra seat. Otherwise H E double hockey sticks NO.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's wrong, if a person is large and can fit in one seat then I don't see how they can charge people tax for being overweight, its degrading!

I think its ridiculous that they even had this poll, what's next, overweight people should pay more on buses and trains!

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sitting on the fence about this and dont actually thibk it will happen but the weight is related to cost of fuel so that's why it's been muted I think. We were weighed before we got on our Grand Canyon plane tour and although I didn't really want to do it I didn't find it degrading.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just think ll the people dieting like mad before the holidays and if you put weight on would have to pay more on return journey

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We were weighed before we went on the helicopter for the Grand Canyon and I didn't find it a problem either.

I can't see any airline being brave enough to bring in the additional tax and the Government certainly wouldn't be

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason for the weighing on the Grand Canyon tours is two fold. One it makes sure that the total weight of the aircraft in use is not exceeded. The second reason is because they try, at least on the planes, I can't speak for the copters, to weight balance each side of the plane.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Whilst I don`t agree with charging overweight passengers extra, nevertheless it does seem unfair if you get a skinny guy like myself who would get penalised if my bags were a few kilos over the specified limit.
    The weight of me + my bags could easily be less than that of a large person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 306763
    Whilst I don`t agree with charging overweight passengers extra, nevertheless it does seem unfair if you get a skinny guy like myself who would get penalised if my bags were a few kilos over the specified limit.
    The weight of me + my bags could easily be less than that of a large person.
    Terry, our friends had that problem with their 5 year old, her case was just overweight and they had to pay extra

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps they should make the seats just a bit wider and more leg room? Oh wait, the airlines aren't going to do that cause it will cut into their profit margin.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast