Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have Anything Planned for the Easter Weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 306841
    Everything has been put on hold here as my brother and his wife were involved in a car crash while on holiday in Sicily. They were brought back by air ambulance yesterday so Im afraid Easter revolves around helping them out and hospital visits.

Mags
    Oh Mags, I am so sorry to hear this, I hope they were too badly injured, please let us know how they are. Lots of the magic dust heading your way

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    My SIL has a broken leg. She was transferred to three different hospitals on the island before the decision was taken to fly her home. She has been in theatre this afternoon (two broken vertebrae in her back as well) and isnt out yet. My brother was very badly bruised but is generally OK. Im just off on a mercy mission to buy groceries.
    Thank goodness for good insurance cover as they were insured to the max.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Mags, what frightening news with them on holiday! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for them both xx they're so lucky to have you to help out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes to your family Mags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness

Glad the insurance covered everything!

Today we will have an easter egg hunt, its not really a tradition down here, and we are having it today because my brother is going back to Chicago on Sunday and we want his baby girl to be in it (shes 7 months so she wont really care, but my girls will)

Tomorrow for us is "gloria saturday" and my grandmother, my aunt and my cousin are all named Gloria, my grandma loved to celebrate that day by having a big family lunch. Although shes no longer with us, my aunt has kept the tradition, so we will have lunch with her.

No plans for Sunday. We believe in God and were raised catholic, but we dont go to church on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mags best wishes for a speedy recovery for your SIL and that your brother gets over his bruises.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mags - speedy recovery to your family

Today we are going to have a wander around the Metro Centre as DH wants a new phone. I think he wants the iphone and I need some work shoes. Then we are going for a carvery meal at Toby Restaurant.

Tomorrow we are going to visit Kirkley Hall and its zoo. Can't wait to see how the baby meerkats and lemurs are doing.

Monday we are going to the movies then for a meal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mags, what a terrible thing to have happen. I am so sorry for your brother and sister in law. How frightening to be so far from home and be in such a bad accident. It is a good thing that they were well insured, though. Don't overdo things yourself, ok? I know you are going to help, but you need to rest and take care of Mags, too.

We are cooking today. Some of Mama's traditional things. Tomorrow is a dinner of lamb (an Irish recipe this year) and a side bar of ham and kale, etc. We are always afraid we won't have enough. There will most likely be a little egg hunt for the boy. Kind of odd having it for one child, but he likes it... The Easter Bunny still brings a basket too. There will be coloring eggs today.

Monday we're off to EPCOT, as I've taken the day off. Tuesday I'm off too. I have a meeting to go to at 10:00 am on Tuesday then the rest of the day is mine.

So! That's our "Easter time" this year.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no Mags, what a scary thing to have happen! How is your family doing now?

Isafari, which movie did you go see?

:-) Love the Gloria day Mari!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I have gate crashed this thread, but luckily they are OKish. My SIL was discovered to have a massive clot and almost died. She just escaped paralysis with her broken vertebrae and will be in hospital for some time. It is a very difficult relationship that I have with my brother, but I am trying to be as kind as possible even though he has been vile to me.I still get very very tired after my chemo but I have tired myself out cooking, cleaning ,doing laundry, shopping etc for him and he doesnt appreciate it unfortunately. I wont go on about it as it is so upsetting. In any case, all I can say is that I hope for all our sakes that he gets better soon and that his wife is out of hospital as soon as possible. Easter didnt happen, as my brother rang me just as the older two arrived and I had to leave them to sort him out and chauffeur him to hospital and tend to his needs.I didnt really get to have any family time due to his endless demands. I have put my story on FB but its a long one.After that mini rant I hope you all at least had a lovely time with lots of chocolate and good food.:)

Mags

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast