Thread: clock change

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone forgot the clock change and turned up at the wrong time

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this once when I was on a business trip in the US a while back.
    I drove into Kokomo, Indiana from a neighbouring state [can`t recall which one!] and I was totally oblivious that I had driven into another time zone until quite late the following day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 306981
    I did this once when I was on a business trip in the US a while back.
    I drove into Kokomo, Indiana from a neighbouring state [can`t recall which one!] and I was totally oblivious that I had driven into another time zone until quite late the following day!
    That was probably back when Indiana wasn't doing the Daylight Savings Time thing. They used to be on Eastern time, but when we went to Daylight time they stayed on standard. That doesn't happen any longer. They now go from Eastern Standard to Eastern Daylight the same as us. If you drove from Ohio to Indiana during DST then you lost an hour (i.e. if it were 9 in Ohio it would have been 8 in Indiana. If you started in Illinois and drove to Indiana then you wouldn't have noticed the time change at all.

We went on DST a couple of weeks ago.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 306982
    If you drove from Ohio to Indiana during DST then you lost an hour (i.e. if it were 9 in Ohio it would have been 8 in Indiana.
    That sounds familiar John as I did spend quite some time in Ohio during those days. [My business partner`s parents lived in Tiffin and we always paid them a visit if ever we were relatively nearby.]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was late to a final in undergrad because of time change. I totally and completely forgot. The professor was incredible though and let me take it later in the day. She said she knew something must have happened as I hadn't missed a class.

I also know someone who turned up nearly an hour late for a military bus run. Was given 8 hours of "extra military instruction" (painting curbs) as a result. All the little kids missed Sunday school...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle