Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you leave the baby at home?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read some stuff and actually have been asked if people should leave baby with grandma when booking their trips so this got me to thinking.

I'm not talking about Adults Only Trips, Mom and Daughter trips, etc. I'm taking about you, the spouse and children A & B all going but leaving child C home because child C is under 2.

Would you? And if so, why?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    No I wouldn't leave them.

For reasons too many to list but mainly because we took a baby and had the time of our lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends, it would allow you to all go on rides together if other kids were older.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure I could do that but it depends where we were going I suppose. If its somewhere like disney then most def no I wouldnt leave them behind. Come to think of it I cant think of a time I would leave them behind apart from an adult only weekend away.
    Also when they are under 2 they are free to go and get into most places.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, we've taken the boy since he was but a couple of months old. We've had great fun each time. "They won't remember" is rubbish. YOU'LL remember!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Never. Wasn't ever faced with that choice..couldn't afford to take Jordan when he was a baby. But we did take him on our honeymoon (to WDW) which some people found odd.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not even talking about not taking the one child. I totally get adults only trips. I'm talking about people who take the older kids but leave the baby at home with grandma or whomever. I don't get that. How would you explain that to the child later? Oh sorry honey, we thought it was too much of a bother to take you as a baby.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a parent but if I was I would never ever leave a child out, not just a holiday but at any point.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were going to go last year zac would have been 8 months old and people where saying isnt he too young. I would say not really he can still have fun and absorb all the things going on around him. We would have carried him through the queues and done parent swap, he would have been kept occupied with all the stuff that goes on pre ride.
    I can't understand why you wouldnt take them. It seems to me if people do that its a bit of laziness as it cant really come down to cost as most things for babies are free.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had friends who did it a couple of years ago. The child, at the time 9 months old, stayed with the grandparents while the parents took the 6 year old. The baby had been born a bit early and had spent a fair amount of time in the neonatal unit where the mother had pretty much lived. Even after coming home, he still needed a lot of care. This trip was a chance for them to focus on the older child, and give her some much needed "undivided attention". I also think they were a bit concerned about germs and whatnot still. As much as I couldn't personally do it, I understood their reasoning. Still don't think I could have done it, though. I remember how hard the first trip we took to Disney without the kids was...of course, I'm TOTALLY over that now ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast