Thread: Opinions Please

Post Thanks / Like
    OK my lovely Disney Secrets Family I need your valid opinions

As some of you know i'm going to be made redundant shortly, well i'm thinking of start a business (yes another, photography and cupcakes just aren't enough ). This one will be a secretarial services offering everything and anything secretarial to individuals, small business etc that don't want to hire a full time secretary but still need some kind of support. I'm also thinking about offering it out to students who hate computers but want their work typed up as i've got a few audio programmes, etc.

Anyway i've come up with the name All Things Secretary but not sure on the domain to purchase, would you go with:-

www.allthingssecretary.co.uk

or

www.all-things-secretary.co.uk

Thanks
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Lisa! You're a machine! Well done!

Personally, I prefer the allonewordnohyphen option :) even though the double 's' might be a bit tricky for some, I still find it easier to remember then trying to recall if that url I saw in the advert was hyphens, periods or underscores....

Post Thanks / Like
    The second one stands out more. :)
    Wishing you the best of luck with your new venture.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the first one as its easier to type in, good luck! You might have already thought of this but Perhaps get yourself a facebook page too and advertise on a local facebook page, we have a local one and a lot of small businesses are doing really well on word of mouth, and it's free advertising too!

Post Thanks / Like
    hyphens are ALWAYS a pain to explain on the phone. We had a company called u-net.com and I was forever on the phone saying "U hyphen net" eh? "U then minus sign NET" what? "UminusNET" whats a minus.. ok the dash on your keyboard by the 0 key ARHGHGHGHGHG

I would never do that again.

Remember that people will mostly find your site through google anyway or via a business card or email. So the number of people having to remember the exact spelling of your site shouldn't be that many.

Full credit to you for setting something up
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of the second option more but people will remember the first one better.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dashes and underscores drive me mad!

So, easy peasey for me. I'd go with the alloneword. Maybe drop the double s, but that's it.

I love the sounds of the service though! I sure hope you get loads of calls!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all :)

I've decided to go for the first one, although it will be secretarial rather than secretary to keep it grammatically correct :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds perfect!! Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    on top of facebook as britchick suggested a well designed youtube page too would also help grow your business

think of it a bit like free tv adverts .................and think how successful tv ads are

mercedes used youtube for their last campaign

all the best