Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite counter service meals/snacks

Post Thanks / Like
    Alysia and I are going to WDW in May. This is the first time in many, many years that I am NOT making any ADR's. No table service meals at all. We have some old favorites as far as snacks and counter service meals that we like but I am looking for suggestions of new things to try or maybe even things we've never bothered to try.

What do you like to eat in the parks? Could be an entire counter service meal or bits and pieces here and there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caseys! The hotdogs are huge, I would share one next time, a bargain at around $10

Post Thanks / Like
    Sleepy hollows chicken and waffles and the Nutella banana fresh berries waffles

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    FUNNELL CAKE AT SLEEPY HOLLOW WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    That's my wife's favorite thing at disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canesandphins1, post: 307546
    Sleepy hollows chicken and waffles and the Nutella banana fresh berries waffles
    They have chicken & waffles??? That's AWESOME! I have ALWAYS wanted to try that! And my daughter will be over the moon to hear about ANYTHING with Nutella! Thanks for the information!

I enjoy the Yak & Yeti counter service - the fried rice is tasty, plentiful, and inexpensive (if you're on the meal plan, you can use a snack credit). I pair that with an egg roll and have a meal.

And, yes, I know I'm in the minority here - but I do STILL love those turkey legs (quiet in the back!).

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the way waffles smell but I am not really a fan of them. I DO want to try the nutella and fruit waffle though. And I born and raised in the south but I do not get the allure of chicken and waffles.

Alysia is a weirdo and does not like funnel cake

Post Thanks / Like
    The chicken and waffles there are 2 large pieces if real white meat chicken with a sweet but spicy glaze on the chicken then a very crispy creamy slaw and some romaine or arugula can't remember which I also have had there ham Swiss prosciutto waffle to but like the chicken and waffle more

Post Thanks / Like
    You should also look for those bento boxes with the fruit and cheese in them. They were heaven, especially on a hot day!

Post Thanks / Like
    We like things from Tangeirine Cafe in Morocco, the udon noodle soup at Yakitori House, the pretzels from nearly anywhere, the bratwurst at Sommerfest, the sandwiches at the bakery in Norway, and usually things from France. Since they've changed the counter service in France, I'm not sure how the selections are now.

We're not fans of the counter service in China, or US.

In MK we like Columbia House, and Cosmic Rays selections, usually. There is also the little place near Haunted Mansion that has fruit, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes. They make a nice change.

We're not fans of the turkey legs.

Not a huge fan of the food on offer in AK or DHS, so can't comment much on that. We did have an appetizer in Yak and Yeti and it was nice. I think I'd like to try something from the walk up but not sure. We've tried Pizzafari, and it was ok.

Oh, and Sunshine Season's is always nice.

We used to really like the food court at All Stars but haven't been there in a couple of years!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast