Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sainsburys Online Shopping Account Fraud

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 307623
    Sorry to hear the hassle you have been put through. You would think that debit and credit card companies would issue cards more often than every few years, that way it may stop some frauds taking place.

The thing that surprises me is how little they care! Sure, they moan about the billions fraud costs them, but when its reported they just refund it (thank goodness) and carry on. No proper investigation in my experience.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the thief isn't too bright...

Herself has had her debit card number stolen and used. That was fun. Then she received a call from the Secret Service. They'd arrested someone who had a long list of debit card numbers on "him" and hers was one. There was no use, but the intent was there. That was scary having the SS call. Then she had her card stolen out of her bag at work. It was used to buy car parts.

So, all that to say we're freaks about keeping the cards safe now, but it really doesn't matter. The number was stolen when she used it in a restaurant. So, you never really know how it's going to go.

I sure hope you don't have any lasting problems from this experience, Wendy. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always been mega careful but an incident a few years ago just proved to me that it's impossible to stop it completely.

I had a call from the bank asking if I'd used the card in certain places recently. I said no! They said ok well we thought as much it's been flagged as fraud and the card stopped. We'll refund the charges and send a new card. I said to them ok but how do you think it happened because I'm manic about NOT using that particular card anywhere, I keep it safe and dont use it online or anything. Impossible to say I'm afraid sir.

ok so worrying but money refunded to fair enough, put it down to one of those things.

The replacement card arrived all sealed up and I didnt even open it, just put it in the safe because it wasnt a card I was planning on using any time soon, was for emergencies.

Two days later I had a call from the bank saying the card had been locked for fraud. I said ah ok I think you're a bit behind, it DID happen on the old card but then you sent out a new one. They said oh no we mean it's the new card!

I asked them, is there any way at all it couldve been transactions taking a while to go through on the OLD card, nope, very definitely the new card number but the new card hadnt been opened since they sent it and had been in the safe the whole time!

So I got the envelope out, really examined it carefully. If that had been opened and resealed then someone was REALLY skilled. It didn't have any sign of that *at all*. Inside the card was still stuck to the letter properly and the number on the back was impossible to see unless you pulled the card off.

So IMHO the most likely was someone at the bank/card sending place! (with a very outside chance, IMHO, of someone at the post office). I tried to explain this to the bank and they couldnt care less. Werent in the slightest bit interested in working it out. They said it's probably just someone generating card numbers and they happened to generate the new card as well as the old one :/ but if it's truly THAT easy to do, the banks should be ashamed surely!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 307619
    I've got the person's full address where the shopping was going to be delivered.
    So, shall I send in the "boys" Wendy?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cousin Vinnie. No, really I do. :D And Joey, and Jimmy, and Danny, and Benjy, and David, and Mikey, and Dennis (he's a little old now though), and Butchie, and Raymond, and Ricky, and Mark, and well, you get the idea. You want I should send them over with Terry's boys? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You could do Terry

I'd have loved to be able to go to the address that the groceries were going to. Chris said they can't be too bright having it delivered to their own address. Well we assume its their address.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did they order for that amount? Something classy I hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope nothing exciting, they ordered pampers nappies, lots of bottles of spirits and cans of beer, tinned stuff and some meat.

A very strange selection

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 307746
    Nope nothing exciting, they ordered pampers nappies, lots of bottles of spirits and cans of beer, tinned stuff and some meat.

A very strange selection
    Sounds like that is one awesome parent right there nappies and booze lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12