Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sainsburys Online Shopping Account Fraud

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew what an evening, I've been on the phone to Sainsburys and my CC Company. Someone placed an order using my Sainsburys account to buy 367 worth of shopping to be delivered to an address in Erith tomorrow! I'm just glad I saw the email when it came in. Sainsburys have been good, they stopped the order and have closed my account, the man I was speaking to also advised me not to store my details on the account even though it asks for it.

Luckily there have been no transactions on my CC but they have made a note that I have contacted them and said that for the next week, I will be sent text messages when a transaction is made so that I can confirm I have used the card.

What I don't understand is how they got my email account and password in the first place

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm thats VERY interesting indeed

Now, if they've logged into your sainsburys account, sainsbury will have the "ip address" of whoever did it and the police can use that information to find out who logged in (possibly a person, possibly a location etc.)

Do you know they logged in? rather than "just" using your details somehow to place an order on their own account?

I wonder if its someone inside sainsburys selling information or something :/

Sorry you've had such hassle
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. How frustrating. Well done keeping an eye on things, Wen

Post Thanks / Like
    What a mess!! I'm glad that you are able to get it sorted out so quickly.

I had an issue with my debit card last year. I was looking at my online banking statement and noticed a charge of $49.99 for iTunes. After yelling at the husband I called iTunes and it seems that someone had taken my debit card number and made a fake profile. They also tried to do it with a couple of other places. Had to get a new card but the bank took care of everything pretty quickly. Still NO idea how someone got my debit card number.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Sainsbury's CC that got charged for 2 x 300 at John Lewis online right before my holiday last year. The new cards arrived in days and refunded immediately, can't fault them. We've had our card for about 15 years now and never had a problem with their customer service. Hope it gets sorted soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith, you can't place a grocery order unless you log in, so I assume that the must have logged in.

The horrible thing is that I don't know if my email account has been compromised or it's just the Sainsburys account

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 307605
    Keith, you can't place a grocery order unless you log in, so I assume that the must have logged in.

The horrible thing is that I don't know if my email account has been compromised or it's just the Sainsburys account
    Yeah well usual rules apply :( change your passwords on everything and make sure to use different ones on each site (and yeah I know how completely horrible that is)

Also make sure every site you enter your details on is fully https in the address bar and scan your pc for malware. There is a lot of bad software around at the mo that sits on your pc doing nothing you can see but in the background it watches for you to login to places and sends the details back to its creator
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris has run a scan for malware and it found nothing, he did it in safe mode and then normally. He's done other scans as well, you know what he's like.

My Sainsburys account has been closed, I need to open a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the person's full address where the shopping was going to be delivered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the hassle you have been put through. You would think that debit and credit card companies would issue cards more often than every few years, that way it may stop some frauds taking place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast