Thread: What is your earliest Disney memory?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be a visit to the parks, a tv show, movies, cartoons, etc

I remember watching The Mickey Mouse Club on tv when I was very little. I always loved to sing along with the theme song and my dad (his name is Mickey too) would do Donald's part. Good times.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also remember when it was a BIG DEAL to go to the movie theater and see Cinderella, Snow White, and all the other movies.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Wonderful World of Color... every Sunday night. It was a family thing. We all were eager to see "what is on Disney this week."

It's where I learned about WDW! I first saw Pirates of the Caribbean, Its a Small World... all on a documentary talking about the building of WDW. Loads and loads of great movies, too. Really old ones like Thomasina, Toby Tyler, Old Yeller, documentary type movies on parks, and bears, and coyotes... Ludwig Von Drake. :D All sorts of things.

That's my first memory of Disney.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mickey Mouse Club. I loved Spin and Marty. They also did a session with Karen and Cubby where she wanted to be a stewardess and he wanted to be a pilot, very sexist I know, but hey this was the 50's we're talking.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 the first is original mainstreet electrical parade around 1980 I was 5 and going to Epcot while under construction and seeing the ball half built

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the first 2 videos I ever owned as a child were Cinderella and the Jungle Book Sing-Along. I remember watching both of them them until they were worn out. To this day when I watch Cinderella, it's like I'm seeing it through my kid-eyes. There's details of that film that just always stand out for me.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember my parents taking us to see "The Rescuers" in the movie theater. I was TER-RI-FIED. I loved that movie. I pretended for ages that I was Penny, well before I developed an interest in princesses.

I didn't visit Disney World until I was 24, married w/ two kids :) Even still I remember walking into MK, stopping on Main Street and just breathing it all in. I remember staring at the castle and thinking...I made it. I finally made it. For me, it was the realization of giving my children everything I never had.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if any one else here follows (or has ever heard of) a website called "Dear Photograph"

Essentially, as Time magazine explains it, "...that idea is taking a snapshot — usually one featuring one or more people and dating from the film-photography era — and holding it up against the original setting so that past and present blend into a new work of art. The images contributed by the site's readers are wonderfully evocative."

Over the years, I have been touched by so many of these photographs and their stories, but this one found me particularly emotional and I thought I might share it with you -

[ATTACH]14979.vB[/ATTACH]

Dear photograph,
    Nearing adulthood, I still cherish this place obsessively. For some, it is just tourism; for me, it is my home. Though we are unalike, many of us can come together and pretend to be friends, pretend to love one another, pretend we are safe. Here I may pretend I am a resident of Main Street, yet for others: an explorer of a new adventure, live alongside their favourite ‘toons, live in a fantasy with a storybook ending, see and create the face of tomorrow, and be the best damn cowboy you’ll ever be. I’ll never forget my first trip, and though we have had so much happen since then, we are blessed to return (so often in so little time!) I couldn’t be anymore grateful for the joy this place has brought to my family and for the inspiration it has given me. I’ll be back soon enough; keep the mickey waffles hot for me. Love,
    Becky
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful. Pretty much sums all of us up, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Well for me it was watching Walt Disney's World of Color on TV. My Dad worked at RCA corporation at the time and even though we were of very modest means he got us an RCA color television very early on. Most people around us didn't have one. He was able to get it with his employee discount. It was wonderful being able to actually see it in color!!!

In 1964 I went to the World's Fair in NY and witnessed a bunch of Disney designed rides that took my breath away and stayed with my my whole life.

This is weird, but I remember everyone playing with Winnie the Pooh figures that came in cereal boxes at the time even though I hadn't read the books nor having gone to the movies.

Later on as I started teaching elementary school I used to order 3 Disney movies from our central office every year. Donald in Mathmagic Land, The Restless Sea, and Hemo the Magnificent. They were 16 mm movies that I had to thread

Time flies right?