Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your best Disney fact or "secret"

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a trivia junkie. Or as I also like to say, "I know a little bit about everything and a whole lot about nothing"

I want to start this thread as a place where we can share our Disney knowledge. Some stuff we might think everyone knows but they don't. I always love to learn new stuff.

I'll start. Tower of Terror is the pink color so that it will blend in with Morocco. I know, your thinking, "what?!" Morocco is in Epcot, not DHS!". Well, Tower of Terror is so tall that you can see it while on the other side of the World Showcase It's right back there behind Morocco and all of their buildings are the same color hue.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another fact about TOT is that it stands 199` 6" tall. This is to avoid it having to have a red light on the top which buildings over 200` need.
    This was told to me by one of the Imagineers who was giving a talk on the Disney Magic one year, and they didn`t want to "spoil" the effect by having the red light.

Just thought of another....you don`t drop through gravity on the ride. You are actually sucked down at a greater rate than merely a freefall!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good one Terry

Cinderella castle is actually made out of fiberglass and is 189 feet tall.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 307698
    Another fact about TOT is that it stands 199` 6" tall. This is to avoid it having to have a red light on the top which buildings over 200` need.
    This was told to me by one of the Imagineers who was giving a talk on the Disney Magic one year, and they didn`t want to "spoil" the effect by having the red light.

Just thought of another....you don`t drop through gravity on the ride. You are actually sucked down at a greater rate than merely a freefall!
    They have done the same with cinderella castle. I think it stands at 189ft tall and the imagineers have done forced perspective to make it look bigger.

Im reading a disney secrets book at the moment and read this today - by the castle in magic kingdom there are fences which have 3 circles in them and at a certain time of day when the sun shines through mickeys silhouette can be seen. They then had to add something in the middle to stop little people getting their heads stuck :D

Post Thanks / Like
    that's a good one Sue!

When Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1971, admission was $3.50

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you guys know stuff!! Come on in and SHARE

Former president Richard Nixon gave his famous "I'm not a crook" speech in a meeting room at the Contemporary!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know anything - but i love reading things like this!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I used to know a MILLION of these and now I can barely remember a single one! I had never heard the one about the ToT being the color of it is because of Morocco, that's awesome!

Ok, this is my mom & dad's favorite "secret" - The black hearse outside of Haunted Mansion is the same one used in the John Wayne movie titled, "The Sons of Katie Elder" :)

Post Thanks / Like
    The cartoon character Snow White was based on Mrs Simpson, of Edward and Mrs Simpson fame. There does seem to be a resemblance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I have had a look in my book and have some facts (possibly not very fasinating) about liberty square in the magic kingdom:
    1. The footbridge over the river between the central hub and liberty square symbolically takes you across the ocean to the east coast of the US while the transition area by peter pans flight takes you from london into colonial america.
    2. Running through the pavement in liberty square is what looks like a river of brown gravel. It represents an open sewer where waste would have collected in the middle of the road having been thrown from the upper windows of the homes. This is also why ladies always carried a parasol.
    3. Liberty square tree has 13 laterns hanging from its branches, each lantern represents one of the original colonies.
    4. Look at the upper window of the home next to the door with number 26 on the front. There are 2 lanterns up there which represent the 2 hung in bostons christ church steeple to warn pail revere the british soldiers were arriving by sea.
    :D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast