Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your best Disney fact or "secret"

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been tons of times and it never fails that I notice something new on things we've repeatedly done. That's the beauty of Disney :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I love too! Beyond the "hidden Mickeys", there's so many little historical details and Easter eggs and things that you really sometimes have to know to look for. My favorite thing ever is learning backstories to things. Like did you know that there is a backstory to each of the black widow's ex husbands in the Haunted Mansion? I can post them if you're interested. And even to the point of creating backstories for STORES. That is just fascinating to me. Nobody does details like Disney.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes! I know her story. Please post for others :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faythstar, I would love for you to share your information with all of us! You certainly know much about Disney! Thank you so much!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> The husbands of the Black Widow Bride (Constance Hatchaway):

• Ambrose Harper - From Secret County, California. He was the nave, but good-intentioned, son of successful farmers. Married in 1869.
    • Frank Banks From California. He was an eastern banker and a pillar of his community. Married in 1872.
    • The Marquis de Doom - From Peking, China. He was a foreign diplomat. Married in May 1874.
    • Reginald Caine - From California. He was a celebrated railroad baron, gambler, and world-renown gourmand. Married in 1875.
    • George Hightower From Newport Beach, California. He was one of the owners of the house that would later be known as The Haunted Mansion. Married in 1877. Constance probably inherited the Mansion after George's death, which explains her being there still. An Imagineer portrays him in the wedding photo. George and Constance can also be seen in one of the Stretch Room portraits; She, as an old woman, is sitting on his grave with a rose, while his marble bust has a hatchet lodged in it. Though it is not confirmed, George may also be a relative of Harrison Hightower III, the doomed adventurer and multimillionaire who built Hotel Hightower in New York (and the backdrop of Tokyo DisneySea's Tower of Terror attraction).

I love this kind of stuff. Sorry for the weird font...that's what happened when I copied and pasted from my notes, lol.<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    In the room with all of the portraits, she gets a new strand of pearls after each husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? That's awesome! I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere else!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I learned that on the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I'll be stealing that tidbit. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    YES! As you go through the attic (?), and the subsequent portraits of her, you'll notice she adds a strand of pearls for each "dearly, departed" husband...I love to count them :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast