Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corner rooms

Post Thanks / Like
    We're staying at POFQ in the summer and although we've stayed there before I've been reading up about it on trip advisor. A lot of people are mentioning corner rooms being something good to request. Is this true? Having never stayed in a corner room I wouldn't know what the difference was.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing here (my brother had a corner room, I do believe) but I think it might have to do with the perception of quiet? You'd only have others on one side instead of both.

Also, the view wouldn't be blocked on that corner so you'd have a wider expanse of being able to see out the windows. Perhaps there is a bit more square footage in a corner room too? I don't know.

You'll have to request one and let us know!

I know we had a corner suite in Vancouver and it was considered an upgrade. The view was of city buildings so it wasn't a factor there, but it was a cozy suite, that did seem to have a touch more privacy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had a corner room at POR. I like it because we have 2 windows instead of one. I didn't notice any difference in noise but I've never known it to be noisy there anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was going to be my answer as well...when we stayed POR (and CBR) we had a corner room and we certainly enjoyed having the "extra" window; it made the room feel a bit larger...

We also really enjoyed the natural light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might request one and see what happens then :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 307735
    Might request one and see what happens then :-)

what type of room are you in? We were in standard and I requested near the bus stop and food court, we got building 4 on the bus stop side which I'd request again as it was so convenient. Furthest away from boats to DTD but we found them quite slow and a little chilly in December so used the bus anyway. I loved POFQ!

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea what room we're going to be in yet. Been before so I know there's no such thing as a bad room there. I usually do a request though and wondered what to request.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go on then...and tell us all about it

Post Thanks / Like
    As you say, there's no bad room really at pofq!

We've had corner rooms and although I liked the extra window I can't say I'd be bothered if I didn't get one.

For me it's more about being a bit closer to the main building/bus stops usually because that's a walk that gets OLD real fast for me
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too Keith! I can walk 10 miles no bother round the parks but sit me down on that bus and I want to get off and be almost at my room

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast