Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Margaret Thatcher, Britain's only female PM, passes away at 87

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 308090
    I am hearing on the news this morning that the song "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" from the Wizard of Oz has suddenly hit new popularity in the UK. How utterly ridiculous is that?
    I saw several posts of that phrase on Facebook. So disrespectful.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ironically some of the people that are saying this sort of thing are probably living in the house that she made possible for them to buy People are very narrow minded and only remember what they want to

The Police seem to think there will be trouble on the day of her funeral as well - it's just disgusting!

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 308099
    Ironically some of the people that are saying this sort of thing are probably living in the house that she made possible for them to buy People are very narrow minded and only remember what they want to

The Police seem to think there will be trouble on the day of her funeral as well - it's just disgusting!
    The think is some of the people commenting probably weren't alive or in the areas affected when all the riots and strikes were going on.
    Mind you when you see clips of the trouble that happened and the riots I said to my husband that was when the law was respected and the police could actually retaliate rather than worry that they are going to get sued for looking at someone in the wrong way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 308100
    The think is some of the people commenting probably weren't alive or in the areas affected when all the riots and strikes were going on.
    Mind you when you see clips of the trouble that happened and the riots I said to my husband that was when the law was respected and the police could actually retaliate rather than worry that they are going to get sued for looking at someone in the wrong way.

You are completely right Sue, I agree with you 100%. I won't comment on my views about that though, I'll get banned

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just an excuse for thugs to have their 'day out' I am 100% behind peaceful protest but this just reminds me of the riots. The irony is that a lot of people are moaning about the cost, well I bet the cost just quadrupled because of the extra forces needed to police the event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 308142
    The irony is that a lot of people are moaning about the cost, well I bet the cost just quadrupled because of the extra forces needed to police the event.
    As William Hague said in an interview the other day.
    The 10M estimated cost of the funeral is peanuts compared with the 75 BILLION that Mrs Thatcher earned the UK by reducing the subsidy payments to the EEC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, Jon was looking at the top-sellers this week on iTunes. He commented that in the UK, the top seller this week has been "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"

I was nauseated by that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 308205
    Last night, Jon was looking at the top-sellers this week on iTunes. He commented that in the UK, the top seller this week has been "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"

I was nauseated by that.
    Yeah, there are some really sick folks around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 308205

I was nauseated by that.
    LOL, yep, as I noted above. How ridiculous.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't really got much more to add I agree with you all, it just annoys me when you get complete brainless waste of spaces that get on the band wagon.

I can understand how some people feel about her, my Andrew remembers how bad it was in South Wales for the miners and many of them are glad to see the back of her. But like he says, she didn't get everything right but she also did a lot of good including sorting out the unions. I can remember not having electricity for days because of the strikes.

RIP Maggie
    Sam x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123