Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY 60TH BIRTHDAY TRIP (OLD JULY 2012)

How can someone not love living in Florida, I'd be there in a heartbeat

Wow Susan you were really busy. Just reading your TRs wore me out. Sounds like you had a load of fun however. I also work a federal job and any overtime that I built up had to be taken as Comp Time as they didn't want to pay for it. I ended last year with all of my regular use or lose leave still in hand so I took off the entire month of December, but had no place to go as my DW was still working.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 307931
    How can someone not love living in Florida, I'd be there in a heartbeat
    I'm not hearty enough - the heat and humidity would destroy me! I do love to visit as often as I can though

as a surprise a cast member met me getting off the bus. he had a laptop and asked if i was susan.. he took me off to the side so i didnt have to stand in the already long line (i did do the pre-check in on the disney site if that means anything) he did have my request for a first floor room in the rock & roll section but asked if i would mind a 3rd floor king room instead. just so i could get my room early i said yes. then he told me that they were bumping me up to a preferred room in the Calypso section, very close to the elevator and overlooking the pool. great room. he gave me a birthday card, an already set up photo pass, room key and birthday button, and was done and on my way in less than 5 minutes.
    What a lovely start to your birthday visit.
    [CENTER]

to be honest, i didnt mind the heat as much as the tour groups...unusually large group 50-70 teenagers with one adult. and i had no way of knowing in the morning what park they were going to. a cast member working at the shop in the ASMu stated they have 2 groups max staying at each resort...so that is like 140 at ASsports, ASMusic, ASMovies...that is a lot of unsupervised teenagers...and they come in july and august.... so, aside from my birthday, i will try to stay away during those months
    SusanM šoš A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

We noticed there were a lot there this October, but usually in September, especially early September there don't seem to be as many. I must admit is is mpre enjoyable without them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12