Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite "non-park" activity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly, if it were up to me, I'd be in the park (as they say) "e'er day, all day" (yeah, I'm not sure who says that either, except my daughter but I digress...)

But for Jon, the constant park going sometimes wears a bit thin. So, we're looking at taking an "adult" trip during the F&W Festival this year, but possibly only visiting EPCOT. I have no IDEA how I'm gonna stick to that. I can see myself drugging him with Benadryl at night and sneaking over to the other parks before he wakes up in the morning and then rushing back and pretending I've been sleeping all along!

ANYWAY! I know there is much to do outside of the parks, both at Disney and beyond, so what is your favorite non-Park activity?

Considerations:
    It will be adults only
    We will have a car
    We don't mind driving
    Jon has a MUCH better sense of direction than me (but then again, I'm sure Kate's new Eva has a better sense of direction than I do!)

I'll be here making a list....

Post Thanks / Like
    Celebration is a nice place to visit and maybe have dinner....The Columbia restaurant is recommended.
    If you feel like going further afield, then have you considered spending a few days at the Keys? It is fabulous down there and far removed from the hustle and bustle of the parks.
    There`s also KSC if you are into that sort of thing.

That`s one thing that keeps me going back to Florida. There is so much to see and do outside of the parks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Terry, all good ideas! I think Jon would LOVE the Keys...

Have you (or anyone else) ever done one of the "boat tours" (the kind of boat escapes me, or perhaps I'm blocking it out?). The "boat" that skims through the swamps and whatnot. He is FOREVER mentioning doing that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 307960
    Have you (or anyone else) ever done one of the "boat tours" (the kind of boat escapes me, or perhaps I'm blocking it out?). The "boat" that skims through the swamps and whatnot. He is FOREVER mentioning doing that...
    We did an airboat ride several years ago Becca.
    We were en-route from Naples [where we stayed for a few days], and were heading down to the Keys when we saw a sign advertising the rides in the Everglades.
    It was a great experience although a tad noisy, especially when the driver gave it some "welly".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 307962
    We did an airboat ride several years ago Becca.
    We were en-route from Naples [where we stayed for a few days], and were heading down to the Keys when we saw a sign advertising the rides in the Everglades.
    It was a great experience although a tad noisy, especially when the driver gave it some "welly".
    YES! That's it! An "airboat." And, the Everglades is exactly where he wants to go! Thank you! Perhaps I'll look into booking it as a bit of a surprise for him! Do you by chance remember who you used? And more importantly, would you recommend them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 307963
    Do you by chance remember who you used? And more importantly, would you recommend them?
    Sorry Becca, I can`t for the life of me remember the name of the company....I would recommend them though [that`s not much use to you though! ]
    I`m told that there is a company near to Orlando though [Boggy Creek Airboats ?] that has had some good reviews, although it`s obviously not in the Evergaldes.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA! No worries, Terry, thanks anyway! I'll look into the other as well...let me know if it happens to come to mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a drive over to the Gulf Coast and visit the town of Tarpon Springs. It is a Greek community. Great food, lots of little places to visit.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been to St. Augustine? That's a beautiful place to visit.
    I think KSC is fab, if that sort of thing is of interest to you.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Is St. Augustine the one that's called the oldest city in America? I would love to visit there I think.

I have never visited KSC, as it does seem rather boring to me, but Jon would probably LOVE it...and maybe I would be pleasantly surprised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast