Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First visit to WDW when

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    when was your first visit to.WDW and what was your thoughts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit was summer 1986, I was 18 years old. We stayed in a suite at the Sonesta Village hotel. I really don't remember too much about the trip but my wife who was my new girlfriend at the time came with us. I can't believe our mothers allowed that to happen. My next trip after that was the second leg (Aruba was first) of our honeymoon in 1994, of course we talked about returning with our future kids. Our third trip was when my son was a little kid(4-5) and we haven't stopped since. My wife and I now talk about bringing our future grand kids... Hopefully no time soon..

I edited because my son was only 3 when we brought him for the first time

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Sept 1988 with my cousin. The first ride we went on was the 20000 Leagues subs. Disney comprised Magic Kingdom and Epcot and there was no Universal. We went back the next year and then many times after.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit was September 2001, it was hubby and I's first holiday together. We fell in love with it so much that we married there December 2004 and try to go back as often as possible.

I think its the friendliness, the sunshine and magic that keeps us going back time and time again

Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this question and the answers that have followed!

Our first trip was in 1999 - Baleigh was 8 months old. Brad (my first husband) and I went to Cancun for 6 days, while my parents watched the kids. On the day of our return, my parents met our return flight at the airport, handed over the kids and their luggage, and 45 minutes later we were boarding another plane to Florida. It was exhilarating...and EXHAUSTING! We agreed that should we ever do it again, we'd do the Disney World trip first and THEN Mexico! We were in FL for 5 days and 4 nights, we purchased a "package" that included lodging on I-Drive at a Comfort Inn (Days Inn?) and park hoppers. OH MY GOODNESS! If I knew then what I know now!! We were SUCH novices! But you know? Even still it was an amazing trip, and I was hooked. The first thing I did when we returned? Joined a Disney forum and started planning our next trip!!!

...and I haven't stopped since...

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first visit was in 1985.
    We stayed off-site at the Sheriton Resort close to Seaworld which was a bit of a bind having to get a bus to WDW. We were on a 2 resort package holiday...1 week in Orlando and 1 week in Clearwater, but as we arrived shortly after hurricane Helena which had flattened Clearwater, we were given the option of staying in Orlando for the 2nd week or to go to Fort Lauderdale which is what we did. [In hindsight, we should have stayed in Orlando as we had no idea how big WDW was at the time.]

Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit to WDW was in 1987 with my ex. Oddly enough I don't remember much about it, except that we bought a time share at Orange Lake which is long ago gone, the timeshare that is. The first trip Donna and I made down we stayed at an off site motel, whose brand I can't remember but I want to say Best Western. It was labeled Maingate East but was quite a distance from WDW. We vowed after that never to stay anywhere but on site.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We went in October 1997 and there was Jon, myself and 3 yr old Daniel, we stayed in the Days Inn main gate east. It wasn't very nice but we spent most of the time out. We went to Seaworld, MK, Epcot and disney MGM studios. We only had 4 day tickets! I can't remember where we ate or anything. I loved it and it was all I could talk about for months after!

Post Thanks / Like
    My very first trip was in March 1996. It was Alysia's 5th birthday. We took my grandma. My grandma doesn't drive on highways so I drove to Beckley West Virginia to get here and drive to FL from there. We spent a couple if nights with my great aunt (my grandma's eldest sister). I think she lived in Ocala. Then we drove to WDW.

I had booked a 3 or 4 night package. We had length of stay passes so we could do whatever we wanted. I miss those passes. We stayed at what Disney stated was their budget resort, Dixie Landings. I remember getting out of the truck and my mouth just dropped. I also remember thinking, "this is not the Econo Lodge!" Lol

It was freakishly cold that weekend in March, we ran ourselves ragged, missed a ton of stuff, spent a fortune (didn't know that then!) and had a wonderful time.

We didn't get back to WDW until Sept 2002. And have not stopped since.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    September 2001 for us too!

We were on honeymoon. Our first ever visit to MK was on September 11th 2001. We were in the park for 10 minutes and then the park went "code red" and we were evacuated. I believe it's only the 2nd time it's ever happened. Very scary. Definately a day we'll never forget!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast