Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: magic kingdom in a few hours..

Post Thanks / Like
    My aunt, cousin and cousins 4 kids came back from fla complaining they had a lousy time

first they got to the MK at 10am and by 3pm saw everything and left i cant do it in 3 days..

then they went to Universal ... and they got ripped off...seems that Universal would not honor their 4 day disney pass

then sea world wouldnt honor it either....they got ripped off

for 2 adults and 4 kids that flew down...i cant imagine the money they wasted since they obviously didnt do any research at all

and you would think, since i have 25 trips under my belt they might have asked a question or two.... oh well, their loss
    SusanM šoš A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

Post Thanks / Like
    Well they probably won't go again so that's one less family to line up after!

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep getting this from people I know!

They come and tell me they're going to Disney but they don't want me to interfere (well I can understand that, I can get a bit over enthusiastic and possessive of plans )

Then they go, make a mess of it, come back and tell me how awful it all was

The last one told me they were going to get a counter service dining plan and budgeted ZERO for food/drink because they had it. I told them that was a bad idea and of course they got back and told me how awful it was. Not enough food, small sizes for a "main meal" etc. sigh.

I get told how bad the crowds are *all the time*.. impossible to enjoy apparently

Thing is how accusatory some people are! It's as if I made them go and I made Disney awful whereas the reality is they booked everything without asking me (or anyone else) and then moaned when they come back.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend has just got back and really enjoyed herself, she was always asking questions but I fear I may have got a bit too enthusiastic at points lol.
    It is frustrating when people either don't ask or ask and dont listen :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 308632
    My friend has just got back and really enjoyed herself, she was always asking questions but I fear I may have got a bit too enthusiastic at points lol.
    It is frustrating when people either don't ask or ask and dont listen :mad:

I keep saying to people, if you go at a busy time you will NOT get a table at a restaurant in any of the parks unless you've prebooked and they laugh. I say No, SERIOUSLY.... then they come back and tell me how they couldn't get any nice sit down meals.

Now more than ever, Disney needs planning
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why people really wouldnt research and plan - it can cost quite a bit of money after buying all the tickets etc so why wouldn't you want to make sure youd get your moneys worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand this either! I like to do lots of research even though I have been going 5/6 times!

I get quite gobsmacked when people declare that they do not feel the need to do any research and they just 'go with the flow' mmmhhh(!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 308637
    I don't understand this either! I like to do lots of research even though I have been going 5/6 times!

I get quite gobsmacked when people declare that they do not feel the need to do any research and they just 'go with the flow' mmmhhh(!)
    i still keep up on everything... i get the birnbaum guide to WDW every year and read it cover to cover...several times...so i dont miss anything

my first trip i went and picked the brain of anyone who had ever been to disney...best rides, best places to eat....MUST DO's etc

try to encourage...some girls from work just came back...2 regulars 1 newbie and 1 who hasnt been to wdw since 1980.. told them PLEASE DO NOT MISS FANTASMIC you will love it.... the old timers didnt want to go so they missed it... whenever i go (several times) with someone who has never been, or its been a while, i try to get as much in as possible.... i hate it (again on my last trip) to get home and make a list of what i have missed
    SusanM šoš A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear oh dear Susan. I had to laugh, but please forgive me. You see, I am that person who does MK in a few hours too, but that is because I do not enjoy the park very much. I have been lots of times, so I know what there is there. It is just that I am very selective now and choose what we want to do well in advance. However, I can't see how the first time visitor having done their research (which they obviously hadn't) would be out of MK in such a short time.
    Trying to get in to US and Seaworld on Disney tickets had me in stitches though.
    I always tell friends that if they are going to WDW, it is one holiday they must plan and plan well.
    Two years ago a friend was going in August and was on the DDP. I offered to come over to see him and show him menus, talk about my experiences, his tastes and try to come up with plans for his meals. He was still resisting planning ahead like this 6mths ahead of time, but when he came back he couldnt thank me enough. He told me he had met two families at the pool in his hotel who had the plan and didnt know about booking ahead. They ended up not being able to use their credits as they could barely get into one restaurant on site during August.
    Even on my first trip (without the internet) I was reading the guide books and listening to friends who had been so that I could plan my trip. I still cant understand those who just go and hope for the best.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    We've got friends going this summer and I've told them they need to plan, plan and plan. It's not their first time so they know what to expect with crowds and are already working out what days to go where and what Fastpasses they are going to get when they get there

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast