Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOSTON

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my nurses has a brother, sister in law and children who live in Boston. They can't get through to them, so her mother (who lives in Conn.) is DRIVING to Boston.

I've told her that Boston is locked up tight and she'll never get near the place. We'll see if she gets through. She's clearly in a panic because she can't reach her son on cell phone. However, the cell service has been closed down for safety (fear that cells are the detonating devices).

Word coming through now that JFK library was an incendiary device and not a bomb... does it matter?

Hearing horrible, horrible things... this is retaliation for Americans fighting for gun control... among other terrible things.

I'm trying to explain to a little boy what all this means... and I remember Mama and her trying to explain horrible scenes on the television to me/us. Water hoses turned on people. IRA bombs in England... I wonder how this can be. How can we be in a new century, a decade that we only once imagined, and have come no further than the early 60's where we were hosing people who simply wanted to eat at the same lunch counter, go to the same schools...

Do we never progress then? Is it always going to be the terrorists among us that rule the day? Is it always going to be existence with fear?

I know there are no answers, but there really could be a response. WE the PEOPLE could say NO. Enough. Stop. And actually do something to ensure that is the case. Voting fools out of office comes first to mind.

Canada again sets the way. There is a new wave coming there, Trudeaus back in office...

Ach. I'm rambling. I apologize. I'm not feeling well at all. I've taken medicine that clearly affects my thinking and I'm heartsick.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove 2 1/2 hours home hearing only snippets of the news. I have a vivid imagination and that was horrifying enough. The television is now turned to mindless comedy reruns because it is too much.

April just seems to be the month for evil.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Newsreports are saying that one of the fatalities was an 8 year old child.

Heartsick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard that here too, Becca. The babies among us.

Someone, some group knew that this would be the day for something like this. It's Patriot Day in Boston, a huge holiday... a wonderful time to be there.

If you've never been to Boston, it's a wonderful city. A beautiful place to walk, and so full of history it makes you forget that we're babies in global society where history is concerned.

All that marred by hate.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have a lot of family in the Boston area. AFIK none of them were running but may have been at the Sox game or maybe even watching the marathon. I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I did hear about cell phone service being cut and have heard reports of 2 deaths and anywhere between 60 and 100 injuries, some life threatening or that resulted in severe burns or amputations. My heart goes out to all those injured and their families.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I just keep telling my babies that I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beyond words. Beyond comprehension.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a sick and sad world we live in.
    My heart goes out to all the folks affected by this tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 308761
    What a sick and sad world we live in.
    My heart goes out to all the folks affected by this tragedy.
    Yes, so sad. I am feeling very sorry for the youth of today, for my daughter, for all our daughters and sons who have only known of such tragedies all of their lives. It seems that I grew up in a more civilized time (barring the nuclear scares and the duck and cover drills).

Post Thanks / Like
    It brings back the fear that the IRA brought to me as a child growing up :(

I just don't understand why anyone would want to randomly kill a bunch of people

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast