Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seating

Post Thanks / Like
    Which seating would you recommend? 1st or 2nd?

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    When do you normally dine at home? We prefer a later meal, so choose the second.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We chose the first simply because the 2nd was too late. Also that way we could eat and still enjoy the shows later.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Any cruise I've been on has two seatings for the shows too. If you dine early, you go to the shows after the fact. If you dine later, you can go to the shows before dinner, and then do the club sorts of things after dinner...

It's truly a matter of personal preference. Sometimes dining later allows for more adult contact as those with children tend to prefer the early seating for dinner... but then other than the Disney Cruise, most cruises we've been on did not have a huge number of children.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d definitely go for the later sitting for dinner for two main reasons.
    1. If there are loads of kids on your cruise then the chances are that those families will opt for the early sitting, especially if the younger children are involved, thus making it a more "adult" experience.
    2. You will be under less pressure to finish your meal as the tables have to be reset between the early and later seatings.

As Tink said, you won`t miss out on any shows on board as they gear the timings around the dinner seating times, so you can see the show before you have dinner, while the early diners are having their meal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks we have booked the 2nd seating so we can enjoy a cocktail or two hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 308992
    Thanks we have booked the 2nd seating so we can enjoy a cocktail or two hehe
    Are you sailing on the Disney Magic Jeff?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 308995
    Are you sailing on the Disney Magic Jeff?
    That the original plan but now we are on the dream. Anything I need to be aware or anything you would recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 308998
    That the original plan but now we are on the dream. Anything I need to be aware or anything you would recommend?
    No there`s nothing to be aware of Jeff. It`s just that we know Tim [the pianist] onboard the Magic very well and we always end up in Sessions bar with him after dinner.
    I was going to recommend you pay him a visit one evening that`sll.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 308949
    We chose the first simply because the 2nd was too late. Also that way we could eat and still enjoy the shows later.
    Yup, exactly John. We always go with first seating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast