Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And then there are the times when it all goes right...

Post Thanks / Like
    Received a photo last night, followed by a text message, from the family I mentioned in another post the other day.

If you'll recall this was the family that had asked for my help in planning, not necessarily because they wanted to make the most of their trip, but because they were only going to Disney because they felt like they were "expected" to, and they we're worried that they were going to be miserable.

Mark texted me last night to say they were having a "blast" and had decided to stay another "3-4 weeks". I explained to him that that's how the "Brits" do it! He sent me this photo saying they were on their way to MK for dinner in the castle.

[ATTACH]14988.vB[/ATTACH]

About an hour later I received this text from his wife, Theresa (the one I was REALLY worried about!)

[ATTACH]14989.vB[/ATTACH]

Sounds like SOMEONE has gotten sprinkled by a great big ole dose of pixie dust!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, a huge dose of Pixie Dust.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    So fabulous!!!!

Are they really staying an additional 3-4 weeks?!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 308961
    So fabulous!!!!

Are they really staying an additional 3-4 weeks?!
    LOL, no, I do believe the school (and Mark's business) would frown upon that. I received a text from Mark this morning. He's training for an Ironman later this year, and he said, "Training has never been so invigorating!! I ran all the way to Hollywood Studios this morning - TWICE - BEFORE IT EVEN OPENED!"

They are headed for AK today - I told them to get there EARLY as it looks to be a warm day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, gotcha'. Disneyitis. :D :D

Running at WDW is FABULOUS!!!! I don't do it mind, :D but anyone I've ever know who does, loves to run there. There are so many options, no matter where you are staying. I know the "circle of resorts" at the IG is a very favorite place to run, and it sounds like he's done that route.

Today does blossom sunnnnnnnnny!!! It will most likely be quite warm, so getting there early will be good.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 308966

Running at WDW is FABULOUS!!!! I don't do it mind, :D
    Nor do I. I just have friends that run...while I hold their drink

Wait, wait, I think I did run in WDW once...I was being chased by a bird who wanted my french fries!

but anyone I've ever know who does, loves to run there. There are so many options, no matter where you are staying. I know the "circle of resorts" at the IG is a very favorite place to run, and it sounds like he's done that route.
    Yep! They are staying at the Swan or Dolphin (as if I could EVER remember which) and he's making the rounds!

Today does blossom sunnnnnnnnny!!! It will most likely be quite warm, so getting there early will be good.
    That's what he said, though it looked like tomorrow would be even more warm, so I suggested today :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 308964
    LOL, no, I do believe the school (and Mark's business) would frown upon that. I received a text from Mark this morning. He's training for an Ironman later this year, and he said, "Training has never been so invigorating!! I ran all the way to Hollywood Studios this morning - TWICE - BEFORE IT EVEN OPENED!"

They are headed for AK today - I told them to get there EARLY as it looks to be a warm day!

Well they really need to go down there for the marathon week. We happened to be there last year during the event and it was so cool to see all the runners in the park after the event showing off their well deserved medals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 309009
    Well they really need to go down there for the marathon week. We happened to be there last year during the event and it was so cool to see all the runners in the park after the event showing off their well deserved medals.
    I think they could be convinced!

On a different note, last week two of my girlfriends registered for the "Dopey Challenge" to be held in January 2014. For those unfamiliar, the Dopey is 48.6 miles over four days consisting of: The Family Fun Run 5K on Thursday, a new Walt Disney World 10K on Friday, the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Saturday, and the Walt Disney World Marathon on Sunday.

Seriously. No. Only if I'm being chased by birds. Or possibly clowns.

Yes. Definitely clowns.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it would take snakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 309021
    For me, it would take snakes.
    Oh yeah, that might do it as well :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast