Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: largest walmart

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the largest walmart close to disney now? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Largest? Not really sure of that, but the one closest is the newest one on Palm Parkway just a very short distance from DTD.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There's one down a ways on SR535 that is huge. It makes our super store look small! I think it's in Kissimmee. Not the newer one closer to WDW, this is one of the old ones that reminds me of a Quonset hut from the front.

Those directions sound like "down the road a piece," don't they? I have no idea of the distance. I'm thinking it was 30 minutes or so after leaving Hotel Drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    The one on US27 North of the junction with US192 is also quite a large store.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bit of a newer one too, Slowhand. Kind of a good mix between visitors and locals for products. They have a pretty good British food section too. Not a huge selection mind, but some products that you might not find elsewhere.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the best "classic" Walmart. Not one that caters to the tourist. Just a Walmart. One that typifies the image of Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34739
    Where's the best "classic" Walmart. Not one that caters to the tourist. Just a Walmart. One that typifies the image of Walmart.
    I reckon they are all much of the same really. It`s just that as Tink said, the one I mentioned has a "British food" section, although it`s only a very small affair....maybe 15ft. of one aisle from memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34739
    THANKYOU Dawn! exactly

All these walmarts make my head hurt What I want as a silly UK person is to go at silly time in the middle of the night when I cant sleep and see a HUGE US centric walmart.

I dont care if it has tourist stuff because thats not really what I'm about, I dont want to buy UK chocolate at 20*the price, I can live without it till I get back home

I want a store so American, and so Huge and so full of people in blue "can I help you?" shirts who only speak Spanish, that I literally stop when I walk in the door and say WOW
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone once told me about a time they went to Walmart and there was a lady on an ecv fast asleep in the middle of an aisle using a pack of toilet rolls as a pillow. That's the sort of Walmart I want to visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34745
    Someone once told me about a time they went to Walmart and there was a lady on an ecv fast asleep in the middle of an aisle using a pack of toilet rolls as a pillow. That's the sort of Walmart I want to visit.
    See there we go, we're on the same page.

Stick a large "Walmart - No Unions allowed" sign above her head and I've got my "what walmart means to me" photo all sorted for the holiday album
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast