Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: largest walmart

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the largest walmart close to disney now? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Largest? Not really sure of that, but the one closest is the newest one on Palm Parkway just a very short distance from DTD.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There's one down a ways on SR535 that is huge. It makes our super store look small! I think it's in Kissimmee. Not the newer one closer to WDW, this is one of the old ones that reminds me of a Quonset hut from the front.

Those directions sound like "down the road a piece," don't they? I have no idea of the distance. I'm thinking it was 30 minutes or so after leaving Hotel Drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    The one on US27 North of the junction with US192 is also quite a large store.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bit of a newer one too, Slowhand. Kind of a good mix between visitors and locals for products. They have a pretty good British food section too. Not a huge selection mind, but some products that you might not find elsewhere.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the best "classic" Walmart. Not one that caters to the tourist. Just a Walmart. One that typifies the image of Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34739
    Where's the best "classic" Walmart. Not one that caters to the tourist. Just a Walmart. One that typifies the image of Walmart.
    I reckon they are all much of the same really. It`s just that as Tink said, the one I mentioned has a "British food" section, although it`s only a very small affair....maybe 15ft. of one aisle from memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34739
    THANKYOU Dawn! exactly

All these walmarts make my head hurt What I want as a silly UK person is to go at silly time in the middle of the night when I cant sleep and see a HUGE US centric walmart.

I dont care if it has tourist stuff because thats not really what I'm about, I dont want to buy UK chocolate at 20*the price, I can live without it till I get back home

I want a store so American, and so Huge and so full of people in blue "can I help you?" shirts who only speak Spanish, that I literally stop when I walk in the door and say WOW
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone once told me about a time they went to Walmart and there was a lady on an ecv fast asleep in the middle of an aisle using a pack of toilet rolls as a pillow. That's the sort of Walmart I want to visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 34745
    Someone once told me about a time they went to Walmart and there was a lady on an ecv fast asleep in the middle of an aisle using a pack of toilet rolls as a pillow. That's the sort of Walmart I want to visit.
    See there we go, we're on the same page.

Stick a large "Walmart - No Unions allowed" sign above her head and I've got my "what walmart means to me" photo all sorted for the holiday album
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast