Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This could get interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many animals that cannot survive in the wild as we have destroyed their habitats.

The giant panda would be extinct if it weren't for human intervention.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much agree on all counts. You can't just release an animal that has lived in captivity for a long period of time, it will be bait. I also agree that some animals wouldn't be able to mate/have babies if it were not for human intervention. Our last trip to Epcot we went to see the Manatees and they had 3 at the time that had been hurt and they were treating them so they could be released back into the wild. It was a wonderful thing to see (although sad, of course, that the animals were hurt to begin with). I have no idea about Sea world since we have never been there, but it always looks to me like the animals in AK are happy and very well cared for.

I think that PETA might be giving themselves more hassle than they are bargaining for with this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, Shelly.

Speaking of manatees there is new evidence to suggest that they cannot hear the motors! There is some support for adding a small device that makes a sound they can hear. It warns them away from the boats.

Disney does do much (and Sea World does too...) to rescue and save animals and release them back into the wild. That's not the same as taking them into captivity from the wild, eh? Or trying to release an animal born in captivity into the wild...

At any rate. This is our world and we need to do the best with it that we can.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought alot of the dolphins/whales at SW were born there? Theyd have no chance being back out in the wild

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 309499
    Me too, Shelly.

Speaking of manatees there is new evidence to suggest that they cannot hear the motors! There is some support for adding a small device that makes a sound they can hear. It warns them away from the boats.

Disney does do much (and Sea World does too...) to rescue and save animals and release them back into the wild. That's not the same as taking them into captivity from the wild, eh? Or trying to release an animal born in captivity into the wild...

At any rate. This is our world and we need to do the best with it that we can.
    That is interesting! I love the manatees and an always so saddened when I see the scars and missing tail

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Manatees are my favorite animal, I have always felt a bond or something with them, so it is always especially special for me to see them at Epcot, being rehabilitated and taken care of.

I, personally, hope PETA doesn't get their hooks in deep enough to destroy Sea World.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Faythstar, you would love visiting Blue Springs when it is cold. The manatees congregate there as the water is warm. It has to be truly cold though.

We saw manatees at Ft. Myers Beach! They were being trailed by a sheriff's boat so no one could bother them. There were six of them, and a couple were little ones. Too neat!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen manatees in the wild before, but I pray that I will get to someday.

When my husband and I were at Epcot for our honeymoon, I didn't realize they had manatees at the aquarium. He likes to tell the story about me discovering them. I RAN toward them, which is a big deal since he's maybe only seen me run 2 or 3 times in the entire 4 or so years he's known me LOL, and I may or may not have squealed. Then I plastered myself on the glass while blocking several youngsters. He said I looked up at those manatees with the biggest doe-eyes and was completely absorbed and when he reminded me that we had dinner reservations at Coral Reef, I almost cried. I did NOT want to leave those manatees.

What can I say? I legitimately adore them.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12