Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Crystal Palace Breakfast

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wickford, Essex
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys!
    Ive been looking at the crystal palace for a potential character breakfast.
    Im trying to find out a rough cost but the menu on the secrets site says the price for an adult is around $28 at the most and the main disney site says between $36 and $50.
    Does anyone know which one is most up to date?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 309522
    Hi guys!
    Ive been looking at the crystal palace for a potential character breakfast.
    Im trying to find out a rough cost but the menu on the secrets site says the price for an adult is around $28 at the most and the main disney site says between $36 and $50.
    Does anyone know which one is most up to date?
    Thanks
    Note that the price of this meal varies based on the time of year (peak seasons vs regular season), and even on the day of the week (weekday vs weekend). The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:

    Adult price range: $24.49-$28.75; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $13.84-$15.97

    Tax is included; gratuity is not included. A standard, non-alcoholic beverage is included in this price.





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  3. #3
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you go, I'll truly be interested to hear about your experience here. This used to be one of our families "must do" meals, but the last two times we've been we have been so underwhelmed, I doubt we'll be back any time soon. The food was lackluster even for a buffet, and the character interaction was practically non-existent. The whole experience just felt rushed. I wondered at first if it was because my children are a bit older now, so perhaps the characters move through them a bit quicker, but friends of ours with small children just returned and said the same thing about their experience.




  4. #4
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 309522
    Hi guys!
    Ive been looking at the crystal palace for a potential character breakfast.
    Im trying to find out a rough cost but the menu on the secrets site says the price for an adult is around $28 at the most and the main disney site says between $36 and $50.
    Does anyone know which one is most up to date?
    Thanks
    Those are the correct prices Sue, the price varies depending on season and events. I would think the prices range from breakfast to dinner on the Disney site, although the dinner at peak season isn't $50

    I've only just updated the prices









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 309533
    If you go, I'll truly be interested to hear about your experience here. This used to be one of our families "must do" meals, but the last two times we've been we have been so underwhelmed, I doubt we'll be back any time soon. The food was lackluster even for a buffet, and the character interaction was practically non-existent. The whole experience just felt rushed. I wondered at first if it was because my children are a bit older now, so perhaps the characters move through them a bit quicker, but friends of ours with small children just returned and said the same thing about their experience.
    We went there last year and to our surprise we are also felt underwhelmed. As this is used to be our special place.

    We prefer the food at Hollywood and Vine. We did go for character breakfast at CP and it was nice place to go on our last day.

    We felt that for character buffet we prefer Chef Mickey. So we booked there for our second night at WDW

    Jeff

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2




  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wickford, Essex
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 309543
    Those are the correct prices Sue, the price varies depending on season and events. I would think the prices range from breakfast to dinner on the Disney site, although the dinner at peak season isn't $50

    I've only just updated the prices
    I thought that might of been the case but just wanted to double check - thanks Wendy

    Hmmm I think I might give it a miss if its not any good now. Will have a look into chef mickeys - thanks jeff

  7. #7
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    We went to Crystal Palace for dinner a few years ago, we took our friends girls as they were having an adult only night, Chris was really ill afterwards. We haven't been back since, we also felt that the interaction with the characters and the girls was very poor, Liv the youngest was all excited to see them but it was difficult getting them to spend time with her.

    I wouldn't go back again.

    Chef Mickeys for breakfast is noisy but it is fun and the characters seem to spend a lot of time with guests.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  8. #8
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of the ones we've done recently, I'd give the edge to the breakfast at Cape May. The food was fresh and plentiful and the character's were engaged and playful. Now, certainly, that doesn't help if you're looking for something AT Magic Kingdom...but still, I thought I'd share




  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wickford, Essex
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 309614
    Of the ones we've done recently, I'd give the edge to the breakfast at Cape May. The food was fresh and plentiful and the character's were engaged and playful. Now, certainly, that doesn't help if you're looking for something AT Magic Kingdom...but still, I thought I'd share
    Thanks beccaberry, I'm thinking we'll give crystal palace a miss. Certainly don't want to pay the money if the experience is likely to be rubbish.


  10. #10
    Senior Member Vikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've been disappointed the last few times we've been there to be honest. I don't think we'll be rushing back. There are other character meals that are so much better.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •