Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your Opinion of Photopass Sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse me whilst I rant things don't make me mad very often but photopass sharing really annoys me. I know that people photopass share, ok if it is two families that are there together I can see the point, but honestly there is a group on another site that has 14 people sharing one photopass in July/August!

It's people like this that are going to ruin this for everyone else, I am fully expecting Disney to go down the route of the photopass+ so that only one card can be used per account, which will cause problems for families that split up at the parks. Also, if there is a time limit on them people like us that go for 3 weeks or so are going to completely lose out.

What do you think about it, do you think it's wrong, or don't you see anything wrong with it I'd just be interested to see what others think, or if it is just me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been happening for years. I've shared a photo pass on several occasions. I actually participated on a large share with strangers back when it was first introduced. I have no guilt about it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean many families sharing one card?

Post Thanks / Like
    14 people!!!???

That's taking the pee. I don't agree with that at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Vikki, 14 families. I think it's disgusting

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its wrong for that many people to share it.
    We'll be sharing ours with my brother and his family but they are going to 1 disney park so not worth buying a photo pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are different Sue, its family. I think the photo pass is good value but I guess there are always the ones that want something for very little or nothing at all

Post Thanks / Like
    It's fraud/theft and absolutely don't agree with it.

From a personal point of view, people who abuse schemes like this end up costing us all money. Disney won't lose out, they'll work out how much it's costing them, how much they charged and will raise their charges accordingly. That's another problem quite apart from the moral one, it's such a short sighted thing to do because we all end up paying more in the end.

Whether we work producing a "thing" or providing a service, we wouldn't want someone to scam us by taking 14 times what they've paid for so it boggles my mind why people would try it on like that. If the $99 or whatever it was is too much in their opinion then they should a) not buy it b) tell disney why.

I *CAN* see the joint holiday thing though where the families are always together. The right thing to do would still be to buy two cards but every time would need two swipes and so on so I get why those folks do it.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's stealing. There are typically only 2 people in my vacation party. I have purchased a photo pass when it was 5 of my family together. But, every other photo pass share that I have done has been with friends who happen to be there at the same time. I don't think it's wrong nor do I consider that stealing.

Disney obviously doesn't think it's stealing. Where does it say that only 1 family can use it? And how would you prove others aren't in your family? Disney is also a huge place for family reunions.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is ive heard somewhere that the official disney photographers will take pictures with your own camera. Im sure when we went a few years ago we had photos with all of us but on my camera.
    If not im sure youll always be able to find someone in the public that would take one - that costs nothing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast