Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunder and lightning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 310236
    Is it the actual thunder, Claire? Or, is it loud thunder like noises? I ask because you can hear the fireworks for miles. I sometimes think they are thunder.

There is no safe time to go, unfortunately. We've had thunder and lightning storms on Christmas. Summer would definitely be worse than any other season. Late fall into winter could be the "safest."
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 310273
    Tink just made me wonder if fireworks were ok? If they were could you build him up to all the loud noises being Mickey's fireworks?
    It's any unanticipated noise. If we get a storm here we can't get him out from under the duvet for at least an hour after it's finished. Having said that, we always have to leave way before any fireworks start. The last time we were in Orlando we stayed in a villa far enough away so that the fireworks couldn't be heard.

He is adamant we're not ever going again even though I told him a white lie and said that all the storms had moved to Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh bless him

Post Thanks / Like
    Could he use noise canceling headphones?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 310370
    Could he use noise canceling headphones?
    He uses heavy duty ear defenders at home and school Johnie but his hearing seems to be so acute they don't block out that much. Also it's the fear of what might happen that causes him anxiety. I thought that if I could show him some evidence that thunder doesn't happen during x or y he might be more open to the idea of going back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12