Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunder and lightning

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if there is a time of year when it is highly unlikely to be no thunder storms in Orlando?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think the least risk of it would be Jan/Feb time, I don't think you could ever guarantee it though. We had it on Christmas Eve one year

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I'd say anytime too but I guess the official season would be from start of June to End of November, so the frequency is likely to be higher during that time.

BUT I've seen a lot of people freak out about this and in my experience, it's not generally a worry. The majority of downpours are just an hour in the afternoon and in the height of summer in Florida, it can be quite pleasant to have a storm bring the temperature down a smidge for a few hours into the evening.

I know a couple of people in the office said they'd never go because of the storms and I think that's kinda crazy
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Very hard to predict. The winter months into spring can be the time when they are least expected, but they still happen.

There is quite a difference between heavy rain and the thunder and lightning. They don't always happen together.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard somewhere that Florida was the lightening capital of the World!
    I dunno how true that is, but we`ve seen some fairly hefty thunderstorms when we`ve been there at almost any time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been 4 times in November and december, not once have we had any thunder or lighting.
    We are going in August this year so I'm expecting to get some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 310025
    yeah I'd say anytime too but I guess the official season would be from start of June to End of November, so the frequency is likely to be higher during that time.

BUT I've seen a lot of people freak out about this and in my experience, it's not generally a worry. The majority of downpours are just an hour in the afternoon and in the height of summer in Florida, it can be quite pleasant to have a storm bring the temperature down a smidge for a few hours into the evening.

I know a couple of people in the office said they'd never go because of the storms and I think that's kinda crazy
    I too would have agreed with you Keith until I had an autistic child.

Thanks for your help all. I was kind of hoping I could promise him that there was a "safe" time to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Winter is going to be your safest option. But if it gets really warm then tstorms could happen.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the actual thunder, Claire? Or, is it loud thunder like noises? I ask because you can hear the fireworks for miles. I sometimes think they are thunder.

There is no safe time to go, unfortunately. We've had thunder and lightning storms on Christmas. Summer would definitely be worse than any other season. Late fall into winter could be the "safest."

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink just made me wonder if fireworks were ok? If they were could you build him up to all the loud noises being Mickey's fireworks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast