Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Measles

Post Thanks / Like
    Our lodge is suspected to have measles and my parent confirmed that I had one but could not remember which one (German measles or measles)...

Guess time will tell so we had a of excitement in this house this afternoon!

Shall keep you all posted...

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    eek hope you're ok :/

I must admit I'm selfishly a little worried about going on the plane to Orlando with so many people/kids next week. I've not had measles and really don't want it now!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you check with GP? They should have a list of what jab you've had. Can't remember how old you are Jeff but at one point I think it was just got rubella (German measles) due to risk during pregnancy. I don't think I've ever had the measles jab like most of the adult population. I'm not sure if Caitlin had the booster as we were out of the country but Caitlin is going to be jabbed this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 310059
    eek hope you're ok :/

I must admit I'm selfishly a little worried about going on the plane to Orlando with so many people/kids next week. I've not had measles and really don't want it now!
    Completely understandable! Would MMR be too late now? At the moment I am bogged down with 4th cold :( This is my 4th cold in 4 months grrrr

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I can remember having tb test + jabs (horrible, still shudder thinking about it) and something on a sugar cube , polio vaccine?

I'm pretty sure measles/chicken pox etc. were just seen as things to get whilst we were kids rather than things that could be avoided :/

I've only ever had chicken pox which was when I was 22 and I've never felt so ill for so long before or since.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 310060
    Can you check with GP? They should have a list of what jab you've had. Can't remember how old you are Jeff but at one point I think it was just got rubella (German measles) due to risk during pregnancy. I don't think I've ever had the measles jab like most of the adult population. I'm not sure if Caitlin had the booster as we were out of the country but Caitlin is going to be jabbed this week.
    I didnt have MMR as they didnt have it in time when I was a child. I guess time will tell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 310062
    I can remember having tb test + jabs (horrible, still shudder thinking about it) and something on a sugar cube , polio vaccine?

I'm pretty sure measles/chicken pox etc. were just seen as things to get whilst we were kids rather than things that could be avoided :/

I've only ever had chicken pox which was when I was 22 and I've never felt so ill for so long before or since.
    I think I was the same as I was born in 1978 and it wasnt thing to do to give people MMR or measles jab...

Unless I am wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get the MMR as an adult. I had to get it as condition of entry to the University of Michigan. At the time my GP didn't offer it to adults so I went to the local BA travel clinic. Paid about 10 but obviously that was a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have had contact Jeff then ring your GP, they may be able to give you a jab

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really add much more Jeff if you are worried, then contact your doctor, they might be able to help you and put your mind at rest

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast