Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do these things happen................

Post Thanks / Like
    ................when Chris is away

The lady next door is having a new fence and I think that the person who is doing the work has left his horse tied up somewhere at the front of the house

When she had the old fence put up it was put on our land, so when the lady's son came round with the man that is doing the job, Chris explained that it was on our land and could the new fence be moved onto our neighbour's garden, where it should be. It was agreed they would.

Anyway, I just went out to the bin and our gate, which is attached to the post is swinging in the wind with the post still attached to it

I hate confrontation and dealing with workmen but I asked him if would remove the post, to which his reply was the gate is locked. I got the key and asked him again, there was lots of tutting and sighing, but he did eventually do it. He then said that the door wouldn't fit the gap because of the new post and it would need to be adjusted. I said that surely he had to do that to make good what he had done. He said it's nothing to do with him.

I also reminded him about the fence being in the neighbour's garden and he said he would put the fence where he wanted to put the fence and he has already dug the holes, I looked and they are on our side, tight up to our path, which I think will mean that the back posts will be overlapping our path

I asked him again to move them and if he continued then when my husband came home he would have to come and remove them. He told me to stop being a busy body and bloody interefering as it has nothing to do with me and he has nothing else to say.

I really don't know what to do, I am shaking like a leaf :( and Chris isn't due home until Wednesday night, by which time all the posts and supports will be up

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy sweetie, I know you don't like to be confrontational but can you not call your local council to get this sorted? Legally, at least here, if they put the fence up on your property after you have already told them they can't do it you have the right to tear it down.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness Wendy, I would be shaking too. Could you phone planning/building control for advice? Failing that call Citizen's Advice. As I dont really know who it is that you need to talk to, I advice all three. Be brave enough (if you can) to go out and tell him that as you have told him what needs to be done, he should save himself time by doing it properly, otherwise your solicitors will instruct him/your neighbours to have it done properly and that the bill will be forwarded. Get advice first though. x

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    What a complete moron!!! Im the same and dont like to confront people. Would you be able to speak to your neighbour? If not is there a way chris could speak to him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear. :(
    It is your neighbour that is the cause of the problem so you need to tell her to fix it. Is there a friend/relative/neighbour that would come over to help you?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I get on really well with my neighbour, she is a housebound elderly lady. Her son has organised everything (he lives in Kent) and if I go in and see her she will get very upset.

I tried to see another neighbour, who is having his side's fence replaced as well but he is out so I will try again later.

Chris will be phoning at 1pm, he always does so I have to decide whether to tell him or not as he will get frustrated that he's not here to sort it out.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 310129
    I get on really well with my neighbour, she is a housebound elderly lady. Her son has organised everything (he lives in Kent) and if I go in and see her she will get very upset.

I tried to see another neighbour, who is having his side's fence replaced as well but he is out so I will try again later.

Chris will be phoning at 1pm, he always does so I have to decide whether to tell him or not as he will get frustrated that he's not here to sort it out.
    I would definitely tell him Wendy, though I think it is now past 1PM there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Chris could phone the son, if you have his number.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy, I could send the boys down to sort him out for you if you like.
    Failing that, I would certainly have a word with your local council office, as clearly no one can infringe on your land unless you give them permission to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Wen

It looks as though everyone has given you sound advice, I do hope you mentioned it to Chris...when did you say he was due back?

This is unacceptable.

Sending you some love xoxo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast