Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on some of our restaurant choices please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years, I think I have done about half of the TS restaurants but this year we have gone for quite a few that we havent done before. I have of course looked at lots of reviews before choosing and have geared this year's choices towards what I want and my adult kids' choices - especially their love of fish (included in other restaurants not listed below). Could I ask what you all honestly think of the ones on the list (never eaten in any of them) before I decide whether to 'tweak' our choices?

Cape May - Dinner

Les Chefs de France - Dinner

Sanaa - Dinner

Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner

Be Our Guest - Dinner

Via Napoli - Dinner

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 310123
    Over the years, I think I have done about half of the TS restaurants but this year we have gone for quite a few that we havent done before. I have of course looked at lots of reviews before choosing and have geared this year's choices towards what I want and my adult kids' choices - especially their love of fish (included in other restaurants not listed below). Could I ask what you all honestly think of the ones on the list (never eaten in any of them) before I decide whether to 'tweak' our choices?

Cape May - Dinner -

Sanaa - Dinner

Be Our Guest - Dinner

Via Napoli - Dinner

Mags
    Cape May - I'm a native New Englander and I was terribly disappointed. Probably will not go back, though others think highly of it

Le Chefs de France - only done it once as part of Candlelight Processional Package, was not impressed but menu seems to have improved and we have it back on our list of places to try.

Sanaa - Did it shortly after it opened. Mixed reviews, but definitely on our list to try again.

Liberty Tree Tavern - good basic food, was much more fun when they had the characters

Be Our Guest - Lovely surroundings. Both DW and I had excellent meals. This place gets mixed reviews from what I am reading. Could be because it is still "cutting its teeth" so to speak

Via Napoli - haven't done it, but it is on our list of places to try sometime.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 310123

Cape May - Dinner

Sanaa - Dinner

Be Our Guest - Dinner

Via Napoli - Dinner

Mags
    I'm afraid I can only comment on one location on your list. We've been to a few of the others, but it was either for Breakfast or Lunch, not dinner.

The one I *have* been to for dinner is Liberty Tree Tavern. We quite enjoy this menu, though I agree with John that it was a bit more entertaining when there were characters. I always enjoy the food (even if I have to ASK for cranberry relish) and Jon loves the lemonade (strawberry?) they serve!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only eaten at be our guest recently, loved it!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been to any of them but have an adr for BE MY GUEST in sptember

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 310134
    Cape May - I'm a native New Englander and I was terribly disappointed. Probably will not go back, though others think highly of it

Le Chefs de France - only done it once as part of Candlelight Processional Package, was not impressed but menu seems to have improved and we have it back on our list of places to try.

Sanaa - Did it shortly after it opened. Mixed reviews, but definitely on our list to try again.

Liberty Tree Tavern - good basic food, was much more fun when they had the characters

Be Our Guest - Lovely surroundings. Both DW and I had excellent meals. This place gets mixed reviews from what I am reading. Could be because it is still "cutting its teeth" so to speak

Via Napoli - haven't done it, but it is on our list of places to try sometime.
    I am slightly worried about Chefs. The only thing I am certain we will like are those profiteroles. Hopefully all will be OK. Sanaa - well I hope it proves better for us that the evening buffet at Boma as we gave it a second chance and disliked it even more second time around. LTT was a strange choice for me as I know the food is basic but it does seem to be 'good basic' at least. Great to hear good reviews on BOG. Thanks for your input John.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310210
    I'm afraid I can only comment on one location on your list. We've been to a few of the others, but it was either for Breakfast or Lunch, not dinner.

The one I *have* been to for dinner is Liberty Tree Tavern. We quite enjoy this menu, though I agree with John that it was a bit more entertaining when there were characters. I always enjoy the food (even if I have to ASK for cranberry relish) and Jon loves the lemonade (strawberry?) they serve!
    No cranberry relish? Dont they know that every day is Christmas/Thanksgiving? Im quite looking forward to it Becca.

Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 310216
    I've only eaten at be our guest recently, loved it!
    Good news again. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 310224
    Haven't been to any of them but have an adr for BE MY GUEST in sptember
    When in September Robert? We will be there on the 21st September.

Mags

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 310225
    I am slightly worried about Chefs. The only thing I am certain we will like are those profiteroles. Hopefully all will be OK. Sanaa - well I hope it proves better for us that the evening buffet at Boma as we gave it a second chance and disliked it even more second time around. LTT was a strange choice for me as I know the food is basic but it does seem to be 'good basic' at least. Great to hear good reviews on BOG. Thanks for your input John.

No cranberry relish? Dont they know that every day is Christmas/Thanksgiving? Im quite looking forward to it Becca.

Good news again. Thank you.

When in September Robert? We will be there on the 21st September.

Mags
    IAM GOING ON SATURDAY THE 9TH SEPTEMBER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    At LTT dinner, you have to request the cranberries. They are not automatically served. Probably too much waste. Love the dinner here.

I love dinner at Cape May. Breakfast too.

Haven't been to the others. Except chefs for lunch.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love Cape May. Breakfast or dinner. Maine owns my heart, and I lived in Rockland... they do a nice job. It's one of the cleanest restaurants on property and they keep the buffet sparkling. The chef will cook whatever you need if you let them know (allergies, food preference, etc).

Les Chefs. Ummmm... depends on the day. We've had lovely meals there, and not so great ones. We order a variety of things, salade niçoise, charcuterie, cheese plate, and share.

Sanaa. We've heard it's come a long way. We weren't thrilled when we went. Had a chance to go again this year but the menu just didn't speak to us.

Liberty and Be Our Guest: Never been.

Via Napoli: I RAVE about this place!!! The pizza (order one of the signature pizzas) is the best you'll get in Fl. It's so good that we found a supplier for the flour and ordered some over the internet!

Enjoy, Mags!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape May, we really likedit. Food, atmosphere, service, etc...

Sanaa, very different food, however, we thought it was very good, plus the restaurant is super nice and you cant beat looking at the animals while you eat!

Liberty Tree Tavern, basic but delicious food!! Like eating at grandma's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast