Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delayed again!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were supposed to be going next august to disney for 2 weeks, it was going to be the last big one with the kids as kids. Unfortunatley dh has to go away for quite a long time next year and over the summer holidays. So we decided to cancel our plans. I was devastated as i'd already planned most of the days. then he said it would just be august september then november december so we planned to go just to see friends in charleston and take the kids out for the last week of term and book the big one for the year after (2010) Well i just realised that one of the weeks that we wanted to go in 2010 is when the GCSE results come out so dh and i have talked about it and we can't do that to him. So its postponed until 2011. I feel really depressed, i went past the disney store today and didn't go in because i was so depressed

sorry just having a moan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw hun. Its a horrible feeling isn't it . When i thought we would never be able to go again last year it was so depressing. Hope things change and you get back sooner.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why we decided on next year and not 2010 as Robyn will want to be here for results.
    Can't you go the day after they come out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you go any other weeks in August 2010? :(

You will get back soon one way or another

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I there any way to take them out of school in early to mid-December next year, Julie? Not even considering the adult's schedules--and fiscal responsibility!

We took Lexie out of school last year (was supposed to be 2006, but everyone was sick except me) because we realized we couldn't take her out this year since she was starting middle school a year early. :sigh; New school, new format, new teachers & administrators and all new kids.

Hope you can work out something. At least you had plenty of warning--before everything was set in concrete!

Post Thanks / Like
    i know its a horrible feeling. but at least you can go :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    if we go after results then we won#t have enough time before school starts. Caitlin will be starting big school that september.

Kids aren#t allowed out of school Taja.

I don't want to go in July/early august because it's too busy and dh will just be grumpy. Also i can't get 2 weeks off easter or christmas as i work with someone who when i say i would like a week off says she wanted that week off. :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    The results are out really early this year which would allow nearly 2 weeks befor ethe kids go back to school.This year they are out Thursday and the kids don't go back to school until the Thursday 2 weeks later.

Thought you were taking them out next year?Couple of days would be all that is needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah last two days at the end of term . when do you find out when results are due? my kids due back a week on monday so wouldn't allow 2 weeks this year. couldn't let caitlin not start on the first day of her new school

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast