Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We re on our way !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo we re here in Orlando airport just wandering over to see what selection of rental cars are left for us
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    YAYAY! You made it! Can't wait for your first day!

Post Thanks / Like
    So what did you get? Curious minds and all :-D

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are there dare I ask how long it took you to get through immigration

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took them ages. :( I had a text from Keith at a little past 9:30 last evening. The lines were really long.

It's raining (started yesterday afternoon) so their welcome to Orlando was less than stellar.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 310584
    It took them ages. :( I had a text from Keith at a little past 9:30 last evening. The lines were really long.

It's raining (started yesterday afternoon) so their welcome to Orlando was less than stellar.
    Oh no I had one in the early hours of this morning, I saw it when I got up, he didn't say how long the lines were, but he sounded tired and fed up.

The rain won't last long, he doesn't like it too warm anyway

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they've arrived safely. I'm sure he'll tell us all about his car.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya

wow what a day! Travel really does get tiring.

It was a strange day because we were on later flights out of Manchester anyway. On top of that the flight was delayed by an hour boarding and then was delayed for another hour and a half at the gate because they were waiting for new pilots, the old ones having come too close to their allowed flight hours.

The flight itself was fine. Premium economy upstairs in the 747 bubble. Those seats still had the same nice seat pitch and felt very roomy versus the new arrangement in the a330. Of course half the bubble is now economy which is a pain because a) it reduces PE seating availability b) it makes for a busier top deck especially queues for toilets. Still, it was fine

Arrived into MCO late and no doubt hit when another flight had got there but the immigration hall was just FULL of people snaking round and around the queue. I reckon we were 5 or 6 fulll room length queues back from the front. So hot that several people fainted and had to be taken to the side. Just an icky arrangement all told and there seemed so few desks open (which I expected given the money saving). Finally got to the front and a very efficient and friendly lady dealt with us in about 2 minutes flat. A LONGGGGGG time to wait for a very short and efficient process.

Then Dollar wouldn't do dollar express on a prebooked booking and there was a queue THERE followed by a very *inefficient* and tedious process to get the paperwork. I really will need to start using a different rental company. Finally got to the garage and all that was left were a bunch of boring Nissan Altimas. Nowt wrong with them, they do the job but are just insanely average with nothing to love at all. I know you'll laugh but I like my cars and at least the dodge charger had attitude. I should just rent a mustang or something really There's a rental agency offsite that does bmw/merc for the same price as dollar does a nissan but I didn't fancy the extra bus ride. Perhaps next time I'll do that but argh ANOTHER bus ride after the flight mmmm

So by the time all that was through we finally emerged from the garage into the dark and rain to try and find the way out of MCO. We're rubbish at this and always have been we normally try to get the easiest way to the i4 with minimal tolls which I think is usually the 528? This time we tried the 417 and I think we managed it but three tolls argh. It did however take us a couple of junctions from where we needed so all in all worked quite well. Along the way the car kept bumping out of auto into manual which was painful but ok once we realised what it was doing.

Got to Publix 10 mins before it shut at 10pm... All the local eateries had either shut or were close to shutting so it was a quick mc donalds

Anyway, we're just happy to get here. The villa is perfect as ever and it's great to be back in Orlando :) There were no serious problems or anything yesterday it was just a long tiring day

We have EPCOT planned as our first park later today after I've swung by the local camera shop which is an essential of course Hoping to have a bite to eat at Nine Dragons and then watch my favourite fireworks with a glass of champagne from the French pavilion.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That all sounds very hectic! Hope today is better :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you both took a very busy and tiring day in stride. Hope you had a lovely rest and ready to enjoy the day...hope the weather improves a bit for you...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast