Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Stroller questions..

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup - here come the questions

    I am in need of some stroller help. Last trip we brought 2 "higher end" umbrella strollers. They have shocks and the ability to recline, but other than that they are small umbrella strollers. That was with an almost 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old.

    So this trip we will have a turning 7 year old (who never uses a stroller, but I don't know if she might have moments?), a 4 year old (who will need breaks), and a 1 year 7 month old (who will be in a stroller a lot). We do have a double stroller that is front and back, but it is a MONSTER and I think I would rather carry all 3 kids on my back than fold it up and take it on a bus. I have looked into other doubles, but they seems so huge and expensive to boot!

    So does anyone have any advice on this subject? Thanks!!



  2. #2
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all...

    for bravery!

    As for the actual question -

    Katie will probably be fine walking - especially considering you'll have two small one's that will require breaks from time to time. If you make sure she takes advantage of those breaks; she'll likely make it through the day w/out incident. As for the younger two - I'd probably take a light but comfy umbrella stroller for Marc (that perhaps Miss Katie could take a turn in if she wishes when Marc is up and about) and a comfy single (full) stroller for Anthony. Double strollers seem incredibly unwieldy to me, both in side by side form and front to back (though those seem a bit better), however I have seen families navigate them successfully when necessary. Personally, I find two singles easier than one double. I also think it's a better formula for those times when perhaps you're just popping out for dinner or a swim and Anthony will be the only one who needs a ride.

    Just my thoughts...




  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310519
    First of all...

    for bravery!

    As for the actual question -

    Katie will probably be fine walking - especially considering you'll have two small one's that will require breaks from time to time. If you make sure she takes advantage of those breaks; she'll likely make it through the day w/out incident. As for the younger two - I'd probably take a light but comfy umbrella stroller for Marc (that perhaps Miss Katie could take a turn in if she wishes when Marc is up and about) and a comfy single (full) stroller for Anthony. Double strollers seem incredibly unwieldy to me, both in side by side form and front to back (though those seem a bit better), however I have seen families navigate them successfully when necessary. But personally, I find two singles easier than one double. I also think it's a better formula for those times when perhaps you're just popping out for dinner or a swim and Anthony will be the only one who needs a ride.

    Just my thoughts...

    Such a fine line between bravery and stupidity

    I think that is the direction I am leaning, but I will take any thoughts/advice that anyone has to give!! I honestly would hate to buy a double stroller since we do have one. It is great for dragging out of the car in the morning and packing up at the end of the day, but not for dragging onto a bus!



  4. #4
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing to consider with having two singles vs one double is that you and Drew are now outnumbered

    If you take two strollers, either one parent will have to be in charge of loading both strollers on a bus while the other wrangles all three children, or each of you will have to load one stroller while managing children at the same time. It's not UN-doable either way, you'll just want to have a plan in place before you leave...and quite frankly, you may even want to practice a couple of times! You'll find Katie very helpful with Marc, I think. Especially if you chat with her about it beforehand and let her know what the expectation is.




  5. #5
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 310521
    Such a fine line between bravery and stupidity
    HAHAHAHA either way you're gonna be in Disney, and that makes it worth whichever side of the line you find yourself on!!!




  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310524
    The one thing to consider with having two singles vs one double is that you and Drew are now outnumbered

    If you take two strollers, either one parent will have to be in charge of loading both strollers on a bus while the other wrangles all three children, or each of you will have to load one stroller while managing children at the same time. It's not UN-doable either way, you'll just want to have a plan in place before you leave...and quite frankly, you may even want to practice a couple of times! You'll find Katie very helpful with Marc, I think. Especially if you chat with her about it beforehand and let her know what the expectation is.
    We will have Nani and Poppie with us They are a pain in my butt ( :wink: ), but are so helpful for these situations! They will be able to grab the 2 older ones while we deal the baby and the stuff This was a major concern though before we knew if they were coming. I think that if it was just Drew and I, I would lean toward the double just so that someone would have a free hand



  7. #7
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 310527
    We will have Nani and Poppie with us They are a pain in my butt ( :wink: ), but are so helpful for these situations! They will be able to grab the 2 older ones while we deal the baby and the stuff This was a major concern though before we knew if they were coming. I think that if it was just Drew and I, I would lean toward the double just so that someone would have a free hand
    See there! I KNEW you'd already have an answer for this! Ah well, hope that means you and Drew will be slipping out one evening for a "date night" :wink:




  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can rent strollers from off site places. I will send info when I get home.

    I would go with single strollers as opposed to a double. Those things ate crazy big







  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Wales, Nr Chester UK
    Posts
    599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man I feel worn out for you. I can't offer any advice sorry petal, but you do certainly have my sympathy with all the juggling. Still it'll all be worth it. xx
    Sam x


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wickford, Essex
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe think about having a comfy stroller for anthony and then seeing how marc goes when your in the park - you could always hire one of the park strollers. I know it could work out expensive though.
    It could be that as Marc is starting to wear out anthony decides hes really had enough of being in the stroller and wants out for a little while.
    Perhaps if funds permit you could hire one of those double park strollers and then katie has the option to have a rest as well.
    You are definitely braver than I am - im anxious at how zac will be when we go. Hes just started throwing tantrums about being in his stroller or car seat and then if we let him walk he throws a tantrum because hes got reigns on. Hes only 14months so I have no idea what he'll be like in 6 months time lol


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •