Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stroller questions..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310530
    See there! I KNEW you'd already have an answer for this! Ah well, hope that means you and Drew will be slipping out one evening for a "date night"
    Last trip Drew fell asleep with the kids and I went to do some laundry which was more like me laying in a chair near the pool looking at stars :D

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 310551
    You can rent strollers from off site places. I will send info when I get home.

I would go with single strollers as opposed to a double. Those things ate crazy big
    What?? You don't want to be run over with my giant stroller??? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 310565
    Maybe think about having a comfy stroller for anthony and then seeing how marc goes when your in the park - you could always hire one of the park strollers. I know it could work out expensive though.
    It could be that as Marc is starting to wear out anthony decides hes really had enough of being in the stroller and wants out for a little while.
    Perhaps if funds permit you could hire one of those double park strollers and then katie has the option to have a rest as well.
    You are definitely braver than I am - im anxious at how zac will be when we go. Hes just started throwing tantrums about being in his stroller or car seat and then if we let him walk he throws a tantrum because hes got reigns on. Hes only 14months so I have no idea what he'll be like in 6 months time lol

This might be a good idea. I know the Disney ones are large enough for Katie to sit down as well - thanks!! I know how you feel with taking a little one. Anthony, so far, seems to be much more like Katie was at that age. Very laid back and easy going. Marc was our wild card and we had moments were we paid dearly, but overall he was good and he has a ton more memories than we thought he would. He hated waiting in line, but was fine when we got on the ride, so my advice is to bring stuff to keep him busy!

Post Thanks / Like
    The plus side to Disney strollers is that you don't have to fold them up and put them on a bus or anything....... They are hard so maybe bring a blanket/pillow?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Could your single comfy stroller for AJ have a "rider's stand" for Katie?

I do not like the WDW strollers at all. They are hard, children are cigarette in the face high, they are filthy, and you have no way to transport children to and from the park.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 310576
    Could your single comfy stroller for AJ have a "rider's stand" for Katie?

I do not like the WDW strollers at all. They are hard, children are cigarette in the face high, they are filthy, and you have no way to transport children to and from the park.
    I did look into those and they are pretty expensive Honestly though the stroller we would use for AJ isn't strong enough to hold the step.

I am looking into a few of the rental places to see what they might have available.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI for those who are interested, stroller rentals are available from

https://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/

http://www.walkermobility.com/orland...roller-rental/

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 310573
    He hated waiting in line, but was fine when we got on the ride, so my advice is to bring stuff to keep him busy!
    Thanks shelly, I plan on having my ipad or my husbands Iphone to help entertain.
    Other than that trying to avoid long lines lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent read other replies, but here's my 2 cents

Take strollers for ALL the kids if possible

We went last year with
    1. seven year old
    2. 4 year olds
    1. 18 month old

They ALL rode strollers. We didnt have a stroller for the 7yo, but by noon on the second day it was obvious we needed one to keep the peace! And strollers inside Disney arent that cheap, so if you can take your own, that would be best.

Now, as for what I would do, I would take 1 single stroller from home for your toddler, that way he can use it at the airport. And I would rent a double reclining stroller ( I love baby jogger ones, they are side by side, easy to fold, fully recline, have great sun coverage, etc...)

Then... I would put Katie in the single umbrella stroller and the boys in the double. If Katie decides she wants to walk, you can fold the umbrella stroller and place it across the hood of the double stroller.

There are several rental companies, Ive heard good thing about Orlando Stroller Rental...

We will be renting a Baby Jogger double stroller, from Apple Stroller because they had a very good promotion, so it was around 35 for the whole week

Post Thanks / Like
    more on this ...

We rented a Disney stroller for the 7yo on the second day, we didnt like the experience.. hard to push, very uncomfortable, no sun coverage, filthy, and you have to get in line to get one, and get in line to bring it back, gets lost among thousands of identical strollers, plus, you cant use it outside the parks.

The downside of having 2 strollers and 3 kids is managing them all on buses. However, you could take the single umbrella and AJ, your hubby could take the double and Marc, and Katie will surely be able to manage getting on and off the bus on her own :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we went we didn't have a stroller for Ben who was 4 at the time, and he won't have one this year, he'll be 6. He was fine walking and we just took regular breaks. I guess it helps that we go for quite a long time so aren't as rushed perhaps :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, that is wonderful advice!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast