Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Home Alex!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You do understand we're going to require a few homecoming photos, yes?

:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 310616
    Enjoy her while you have her Dan. We are fortunate to have one of ours locally along with his two boys. The other two and the other 8 grandkids and 1 great grandkid are all in Indiana. We'll be able to see them the end of the month.
    For sure John. You are indeed fortunate to have them close by. Weird hunh, when did it change? When I was very young the whole family would meet at my grandmother's each and every Sunday after church. No one left the area, till this day most of my cousins live in the same towns the grew up in. Guess I heard another call.

My dad used to always ask me why I have to leave at the end of a weekend or week's vacation. He would get kind of sad when I told him .. because I have work tomorrow. He would ask can't someone else teach your class. No Pop, my kids need me. He would be resigned to it and I would tell him that I would be back the very next opportunity.

I am coming to find that the older I get, the more I find myself saying things that Mom or Dad would say...like all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310664
    You do understand we're going to require a few homecoming photos, yes?

:D

Yes I think so!

I called this morning to see how she is doing. We heard that a local florist is looking for help for the next few weeks for proms and the like. We told her to get over there and apply. She wasn't too happy about that...and said she would get there today but had plans already to see her friends and spend the day. Tell me again why I was so excited to have her home???

Oh well she can always get her job back as a barista at the local coffee shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHA! Ah well...you wouldn't have it any other way, would you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well to add to the story, Alex was heading out to spend the envening with friends and promptly backed into our neighbor's car. Oh boy she was totally freaked out. No one was hurt (or so we thought) and the owner who had just got into her car was initially so nice to my daughter that it was very moving. No damage to her car save a scratch of paint on the bumper, and moderate damage to the door of the other vehicle. No broken glass or damage to mirror. She hit about 2 - 3 miles per hour. DD Alex felt so bad that she made them brownies on Sunday and delivered them with another I am sorry. They said thanks and took them. No worries. We had exchanged info and they had our insurance info. No fast forward to Monday, I get a call from my insurance company that they are now claiming bodily harm. Total scam, and my insurance co knows it as when they had interviewed the other driver, they could hear someone (the low life dad) telling the girl what to say. So I had to give a deposition of what I saw, so did daughter yesterday. Went home early to get photos of the damage and sent it to my company.

Alex was just appauled that there are people in this world who will try to take advantage of you at every chance. I told her to use this as a learning experience. Sad isn't it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Alex had to go through this. It is a shame that people are out to get all that they can. I had a similar incident last summer while I was in FL. After driving around a parking lot for a while waiting for a handicap spot to open up my DW told me just park it anywhere. When I came out there was a car parked very close to my driver's side. I tried to be very careful when I opened my door but I still hit this car and left a miniscule spot on it. The owner saw it, raised holy heck that she was out of work, just had her car (brand new I might add) repainted due to hurricane damage, etc. etc. I tried to tell her that incidents like that were just a fact of life but she called the police on me. I didn't dare leave because I didn't want to be charged with a hit and run, even though I wasn't even moving. The police officer took a report, which got turned into my insurance company. She, the police officer, then asked me if there was any damage to my vehicle. I told her no and she commented on how her own had been dinged many times in parking lots. She thought it was absolutely absurd that she even had to fill out the report, but I certainly was not going to stand there and dole out money to the driver of the other car.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Dan. That's not cool. That's not cool at all. Will your insurance company fight her on it? I certainly hope so.

to you and your dear Alex. Bless her xo

Post Thanks / Like
    Both the fender bender and the resulting events are life lessons for my girl. It is a shame. Sorry John, that lady sounded like a witch...politically correct me.

Becca our insurance company said not to worry that they have a record of both our stories, combined with the actual physical damage (or lack of it) and the recording of the girl being prompted by someone to respond is enough to send an investigative squad to action. They told us not to worry about it. You should see the pictures of the two vehicles. It is crazy! The company asked Alex on a scale from 1 - 10 what was the collision like...Alex - "ah it was like a 1 or a 2" Them - "It was a defenite 10!" What????

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Dan, poor Alex there are some horrible people in this world of ours, all they seem to want to do is make money through some scam or another.

I hope the insurance company can prosecute them for lying and wasting their time.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy, glad to see you back in the forum!!

I got a call from the insurance company this morning. It is amazing how calm they always sound. We are like freaking out. Anyway he said that they are denying the claim on bodily harm. If we hear anything from a phone call or correspondence concerning litigation we should let him know as soon as it happens. They will then go after them I believe.

Bad thing is it is hard to even make eye contact with them anymore. My daughter is kind of creeped out about the dad. He is kind of a slimey individual and is most likely behind the whole thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12