Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid makeover..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 310800
    No, you don't! Sensory overload!

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor keith!

Shelly, when we took isabelle to BBB i bought her the most beautiful Belle dress off of ebay and sneaked it along - i got it off of ebay firstly because its so much cheaper than buying it there, but also because there is so much more choice and you are more likely to get the most perfect dress! I didnt like any of the belle dresses that you could buy new at the time, but this one had a lovely full skirt and the ruffles like in the film. We got stopped by a few people asking us where we bought it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 310865
    Poor keith!

Shelly, when we took isabelle to BBB i bought her the most beautiful Belle dress off of ebay and sneaked it along - i got it off of ebay firstly because its so much cheaper than buying it there, but also because there is so much more choice and you are more likely to get the most perfect dress! I didnt like any of the belle dresses that you could buy new at the time, but this one had a lovely full skirt and the ruffles like in the film. We got stopped by a few people asking us where we bought it!
    This is going to be my plan once I know what they are selling. I have already started sneaking around to find something perfect, but it seems that perfect is very expensive

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol that it is Shelly

Learn from my mistake. I didn't buy Alysia the Tinkerbell outfit when we went when she was 5. The outfit was $50 which in 1996 was a small fortune. It was our last day at WDW and I didn't think she'd wear it. She would have.

Fast forward a lot if years later and my guilt from not buying the $50 outfit caused me to purchase the $500 prom dress. (Which thankfully was mostly paid for buy the blue Mickey bear I sold on eBay!)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 310900
    Lol that it is Shelly

Learn from my mistake. I didn't buy Alysia the Tinkerbell outfit when we went when she was 5. The outfit was $50 which in 1996 was a small fortune. It was our last day at WDW and I didn't think she'd wear it. She would have.

Fast forward a lot if years later and my guilt from not buying the $50 outfit caused me to purchase the $500 prom dress. (Which thankfully was mostly paid for buy the blue Mickey bear I sold on eBay!)
    Point taken

I did bring a Belle dress for MNSSHP on our last trip, so that is why I thought I might get away with a tutu and tank top this time around

Post Thanks / Like
    They do (or did) have the thematic tutus and tanks - at least when we there in August 2012. I know this, because Baleigh and her friend insisted on owning one :) they purchased the Minnie Mouse one, but I recall clearly seeing a green/turquoise one that was decidedly little mermaidesque :)

The problem is, I recall they were quite hard to track down...I'll have to ask B if she remembers what store we saw them in. They were so much more comfy then the dresses (and trendy!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310934
    They do (or did) have the thematic tutus and tanks - at least when we there in August 2012. I know this, because Baleigh and her friend insisted on owning one :) they purchased the Minnie Mouse one, but I recall clearly seeing a green/turquoise one that was decidedly little mermaidesque :)

The problem is, I recall they were quite hard to track down...I'll have to ask B if she remembers what store we saw them in. They were so much more comfy then the dresses (and trendy!).
    Yay This is good news :D I know she would be much happier with this than a full on Princess dress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 310940
    Yay This is good news :D I know she would be much happier with this than a full on Princess dress
    After a bit of a search, and confirmation from Baleigh (really? what else does she have to do in government class?) we can say with confidence that THIS is the tutu we recall seeing. (It also looks a bit like Tinkerbell, IMO, but this will give you an idea of what you MIGHT find in the park.)

[ATTACH]15163.vB[/ATTACH]

Now. The PROBLEM is, the website that I found (nicked) this photo from said that it was "sold out" :( I asked Baleigh if she recalled where she saw it and she is pondering...though she *thinks* she recalls it being in DHS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the one "my girls" fell in love with :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 310941
    After a bit of a search, and confirmation from Baleigh (really? what else does she have to do in government class?) we can say with confidence that THIS is the tutu we recall seeing. (It also looks a bit like Tinkerbell, IMO, but this will give you an idea of what you MIGHT find in the park.)

Attachment 15163

Now. The PROBLEM is, the website that I found (nicked) this photo from said that it was "sold out" :( I asked Baleigh if she recalled where she saw it and she is pondering...though she *thinks* she recalls it being in DHS.
    OOoooooo!! I LOVE that! It is a little Tink, but it would still be amazing. Hrm..now I want it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast