Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about Manny's Chop House then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been menu surfing again.

There's a Manny's not far from our villa. Any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 310772
    Been menu surfing again.

There's a Manny's not far from our villa. Any good?
    I always wonder about that one too.

It seems to get mainly rave reviews but then the people who aren't wowed by it seem to be those comparing it to Ruth's Chris and Mortons v those who love it comparing it to the chain restaurants which aren't going to wow anyone steak wise anyway.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn have you tried Chili's we like them and have had some good meals, the ribs are delicious

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i've heard good things about Manny's.. would be interested to know

Post Thanks / Like
    Manny's. We've been once, years ago. It's a favorite local place, mostly for older folks. We didn't really care for it at all (and obviously haven't been back).

Now, there are LOADS of other folks who like it, many of them British visitors. So, as Keith indicated, if you rather like the chain places, you'll probably like this place. If you don't care for the Outback's of the world, then you'll probably not be too thrilled.

Chili's is ok, as long as the servers aren't rushing you like crazy. It's a fairly decent place to go for basic food. We like Long Horn for the same reasons. Good, predictable, nothing fancy, but if they do it wrong, they make it right.

A place we'd gone off of, because it had fallen off sharply in service and quality was Seasons 52. We went to lunch there yesterday and they've really come back to being a lovely place. The place was clean and atmosphere was nice, unlike the loud and terrible live music they used to do in the lounge. So loud you couldn't hear. The service is very good, and the server was very knowledgeable. The food was very nice. I had rainbow trout and it was delicious. Herself had a bison burger and declared it the same. We each had one of their little desserts and they were yummy! So, we'll put them back on our list.

I'd say give Manny's a try if you've not been, but don't go out of your way to go there, and don't expect Ruth's Chris or Morton's or Charley's Steakhouse by ANY means!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?Heard a lot of good reports about it keep saying i would like to go to BOK GARDENS and visit MANNEYS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Manny's - the day I broke my tooth!!

We went for the first time last summer. I was just about to say to DH "this is the best pork steak I've ever eaten" when my tooth broke! At first I thought it was a piece of bone in the meat but alas I was about to have a month long holiday of not smiling for the camera.

However, we are going back this summer. The food was good but DH stilll way prefers Longhorns for his steak. It was very busy I remember and we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table. There seemed to be quite a few locals there and we got chatting to some of them. I think Monday/Tuesday is their kids eat free night and another evening you get two for the price of one on fajitas.

The building is quite old and not too impressive from the outside. The food is reasonably priced and the service was good even though it was packed to the roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i might try it for pork chops then, I very rarely eat steak out as i am usually a bit disappointed in restaurants, it's one of the things that i think i cook quite well and to my taste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 310851
    i think i might try it for pork chops then, I very rarely eat steak out as i am usually a bit disappointed in restaurants, it's one of the things that i think i cook quite well and to my taste.
    I'm very fussy about my steak as well I haven't had a bad steak at the Longhorn in Winter Garden, maybe because it's not in a tourist area.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best steak I ever had is still the NY Strip I had in the old Pebbles at The Crossroads. No need for a steak knife, it was like butter and soooooo tasty. I loved that restaurant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast