Thread: OK Tink you tell me where the locals eat please

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking for a couple of different places offsite to try this time. Our villa is in Davenport off Old Lake Wilson Road and we try to avoid eating along 192, except for IHOP. :wink:

I love seafood, Adrian will tolerate shrimp and that's it. Steven eats anything except tuna, my mum will try anything, Adrian's mum has a garlic intolerance.

We don't have an upscale steakhouse budget but don't mind paying for good food.

Where would you go?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go to:

Seasons 52 on Sand Lake
    Joe's Crab Shack
    Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha You'll have to take photos home to Lucy and Willow
    Long Horn for decent (but not fancy) steak
    Melting Pot can be fun, but it's gotten to be stupid priced
    Too Jay's in Dr. Phillips (DO NOT GO TO OTHER ONES) is a neat place for a different place for breakfast or lunch
    We've been known to stop into Red Lobster when we want a simple lunch
    We also like the restaurants in Winter Garden (follow Daniels along until you cross over 50 heading north. Follow the road along until you come to Plant St and take a left. The little village with brick street will have several choices there.

I know where you are staying (well, general location) and we don't eat down there much. Too many tourists and too little caring on the part of the restaurants. No commitment to returning patrons, you know?

I hope that helps a little.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    An intolerance to garlic? I would die. Literally, I cannot imagine my life without garlic :-(

I love Joe's Crab Shack. ALways good and always fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Red lobster biscuits......mmmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    We were in that area last time Dawn... do NOT go to Denny's there, the prices were stupid for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will not eat in a Denny's anywhere. Vile, awful place and that's just the corporate office! I won't eat at Chick Filet either...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If Steven had his way we'd eat at Joe's Crab Shack every day.

We always do Red Lobster.

Seasons 52 ??? Hmm...interesting. May add that one to the list.

Yes a garlic intolerance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanna hear my deep, dark, New England secret? I LOVE Red Lobster. LOVE IT. Everyone here makes fun of me for it

Which is fine, I get it. But every once in a while (like Sunday, for Mother's Day) the kids and I sneak off and have lunch there

Post Thanks / Like
    Red Lobster is awesome. They have the best shrimp scampi anywhere I have ever been. The baked potatoes are perfect. And the biscuits.......

Alysia and I went in Valentines Day not realizing everyone in Virginia would be there. It's always crowded here. It's good and consistent.