Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free dining

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to add, I've actually experienced the opposite of Wendy. I've had servers be glad we didn't have the ddp lol

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm talking about the past really, the time when the gratuity was included with the DDP, it's been that long since we've actually eaten onsite at a Disney Restaurant (except twice at the YSH and that's only because of our dear Ricardo and going with friends) The servers would rub their hands together if people were on the DDP as they knew the more the meal cost the better the tip they were guranteed.

It may very well have changed since then, but that was enough, along with the trouble it was to get reservations that initially stopped us dining on site.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 310904
    I'm talking about the past really, the time when the gratuity was included with the DDP, it's been that long since we've actually eaten onsite at a Disney Restaurant (except twice at the YSH and that's only because of our dear Ricardo and going with friends) The servers would rub their hands together if people were on the DDP as they knew the more the meal cost the better the tip they were gurantee.
    Oh I see :) yes, we had the dining plan that first year when it was 3 courses and tip included. Now that was a good deal! I agree. Service wasn't as good though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes when a starter AND the gratuity were included. Those were the days!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I would ever purchase the dining plan but I LOVE the free dining offer. We have taken advantage of the offer almost every year since it began and it really made our trips affordable. I am actually kind of bummed out that its not being offered in August this year. I don't know what we are going to do yet. We could stay off site, go to Universal, or skip Orlando altogether and try something new this year. I don't see us staying on the property and paying Disney prices for our meals. I could stay at a 4* hotel for the same price as a value and pay for some nice restaurants off property for less than an average meal on the property. I guess I don't have to decide anytime soon as we drive down to Fla and could book a hotel last minute in late August.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12